Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tpinder Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 06:04 AM
    Car won't Start & It's Not The Battery!
    When I try to start the car it doesn't make any noise at all. I tried jumping it and it starts but when I take the cables off and try again nothing. I tried switching the battery but nothing again. Will I need to check the fuse if the horn, lights, nothings coming on. Does all of that go with the same fuse?
    Vandy-1 Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Nov 20, 2006, 06:11 AM
    As stated before,
    Check all underhood fuses and links, look especially for a blown battery link.
    Also make sure batt cables are clean and tight at battery,grounding point and starter.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2006, 08:16 AM
    It really sounds like you just need a new battery. Just the same, use a test light or multimeter to test all under-hood and under-dash fuses, which should only take several minutes. If you start removing under-dash fuses, you run the risk of replacing them in the wrong slot, because it's a dark, cramped area.
    badpenny Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Nov 29, 2006, 09:56 AM
    My guess would be your connections need to be cleaned, and your negative battery cable needs to be replaced.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 29, 2006, 09:59 AM
    The cables could be bad, the connecton that hooks onto the battery to the wire, either needs cleaning or replaced,

Since it will start when jumped, it appears you are clamping on.
    A new set of battery cables are not expensive and easy to replace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace car battery [ 7 Answers ]

I own Lexus ES 300 2001.I have been driving this car in NYS for the past 5 1/2 years(mostly 60 miles a day nonstop)I never had any problem with the battery.Should I replace the battery anyway as a preventive measure? If this is the case is it worth to pay $150 for Optima battery rather than approx...

Car amp & subwoofer help [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 rockford fosgate power hx2 12 inch woofers in a sealed box powered by a 2000 watt earthquake digital amp. They sound pretty good but i feel they should sound way louder than they do. I also have a problem blowing the fuse for the amp and im wondering what may be causing it. Im thinking...

Car won't Start & It's Not The Battery! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 95 Altima. It worked fine until one morning I went to start it and got nothing. No horn, no lights, nothing at all. I assumed it had to be the battery but I got the battery tested and I was told that the battery was fine. Does anyone have any clue what the problem might be?

My Honda Accord 96 won't Start And It Is Not The Battery [ 2 Answers ]

My Car Will Not Start It Is Not The Battery, It Does Not Even Stutter A Little, It Was Stutering For The Entire Day And When I Parked And Turned The Ignitin Nothing Happened I Checked The Battery And The Battery Is Healthy, I Know It Could Be The Starter But What Is The Worst Case Scenario, My Car...

Instructions Needed On How To Properly Use Booster Cables For Dead Car Battery [ 3 Answers ]

HELP! I am embarressed to say, that I DO NOT know how to use my Booster Cables to boost a dead battery in my car. :( I have in the past been nervous of getting an electric shock! That was then, and now I no longer want to be IGNORANT! :D Can someone please tell me, with very EASY SIMPLE...

View more questions Search