Ask
    Scorpio45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2011, 08:25 PM
    If my name isn't on the house can my husband of 13yrs put me out
    Legal question
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2011, 08:30 PM

Are you still legally married, is there a legal separation ?

He can try if and when he files for divorce, it will be up to the divorce court ( based on US law, no exact location listed)
    adthern Posts: 282, Reputation: 28

Mar 22, 2011, 08:30 PM
    As a general rule, I would say probably not. Though many other things will play into it, i.e.: where you live, when he bought the property, any antenuptual agreements, and the like. However, most states protect spouses of marriages that are considered "long term" meaning more than a year or so, but your best bet is seeking advice fromanattorney where you live (this is something that a divorce lawyer will answer for you).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband put me out of our house [ 10 Answers ]

I lived in Maryland, and my husband has put me out of the house. I thought that we were going to visit friends and family in Mississippi for christmas, which we did. Well, while we were there, he got up and stated he didn't want to be married anymore and left me there in Mississippi. I lost my...

We've been together 13yrs [ 1 Answers ]

Ok in June me and my husband had a horrible argument he moved out and I've just been a wreck! I've cried, begged everything I could think of to make him come home but nothing worked. I miss him so much and we've been together 13yrs also we have 3 kids.. well lately he has been coming around...

Can my husband put me out [ 6 Answers ]

My husband was cheating and he got caught and told me I would have to leave.. I left even though my name was on the lease.. because we were renting from his auntee.. I want to go back to the house... can I?

Dying Relative Wants His House Put in the Name of My Husband [ 2 Answers ]

My father-in-law is dying of cancer and he wants my husbands name put on his house. Is there a way to do that legally? The house is not paid for. If he was to make a will out that stated my husband was to get the house when he died would that work? Please reply and thanks.

Should my mother put a lien on her house? Evil husband [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Hi my mother is considering a divorce with my father. They have been married for 31 years. I am 24, a college graduate, and my brother is 17 in his last year of high school. My father is African and visits his country every three months. He has two other children, excluding my...

View more questions Search