Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweet20 Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Dec 18, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Should I have another baby
    My boyfriend of 2 years wants a baby really bad but I don't want to make him happy because I have a daughter from another man and he knew that when we first got together.. well he doesent treat her like he wants to be her daddy... he doesent talk to her play with her or teach her new things or even show love... welll he only does those things when I start complaining but its not like he is doing it because he wants too... welll anyway he wants to have a baby and I don't because I know he's going to treat them different I don't want my daughter to feel like he doesent want her... so should I have his baby or not?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 12:19 PM

No, you should have a baby when you both feel it is time. Having a baby just because one person wants to is only going to lead into resentment of the child, a broken home and countless problems. He needs to be a grown man and understand you and your daughter are a package deal, he can't have one without the other. If he can't understand this, then you need to break it off with him and the situation will only worsen as time goes on. Some people can look past their S/O having a child(s) by someone else, some can't.
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Dec 18, 2008, 12:19 PM
    If you have any doubts at all, NO, you should not.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 18, 2008, 12:30 PM

Not till you are ready and if he can not love your child, he does not need one of his own. Sounds more like he wants one because the other man had one to be equal, more than wanting to be a father.
    silentdarkness Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Dec 18, 2008, 12:42 PM

I really don't think that you should. Firstly, you said yourself that you don't want another baby. Secondly, you've been with him 2 years and he still can't accept your daughter, having a baby with someone is huge and you should ideally want to spend the rest of your life with that person right? But its not going to work if he doesn't love your daughter. I'm not a mother myself but it would be the most important thing to me to know that my partner accepts my children as his own. I think you 2 need to speak about your daughter first. I hope you work it out. X
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2008, 01:04 PM

If he can not learn to love your child now then if you have a baby with him your daughter will sense the favoritism.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 02:59 PM

One more vote for NO.

All the answers tell you the same thing,I hope you see the light before you go too far and make a possible lifetime mistake.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 03:06 PM

I'm joining the rest of the NO team!

I know a woman who has a teenager from one relationship (she's 15 now) and a 7 year old from her current relationship and her man treats them VERY differetnly! Its sickening to watch. He has been the 15 year olds step dad for at least 8 years, and he has never treated her with any love or respect, when she was younger and her mom had to go on business trips he didn't even let the 15 year old stay at home, she had to go to her dads house or a friends house.

One thing is to have a baby b\c one of you wants too... but when he doesn't treat your current child with love, respect and devotion it'll just get worse with a new child that is his.

And I can totally understand if his behavior towards your child bothers you!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 08:24 PM

From your post you already know the answer. However, my question to you is why do you continue to stay with him if he can't accept your daughter?

Do you know the impact it would've on her if you continue to stay with him? Do you want this kind of emotional damage to her? Just to let you know kids aren't stupid they have the ability to know when someone doesn't like them, babies can even pick that up.

You really need to rethink being in a relationship with this guy. I have a daughter from a previous relationship and I couldn't imgine being with my fiancé, let alone have a baby with him, if he couldn't accept my daughter. I would give him the boot so quick that he wouldn't know what hit him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 19, 2008, 10:22 PM

Hell no! And your choice of fathers for your daughter, sounds lousy to me!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ooh baby baby? The song/beat Timberland copied [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Thanks for taking time on this, I've been trying to search for the name of the song that Timbaland remade, I can't seem to find any answers anywhere, Its like the songs been erased from existence. It was an old school American techno rap beat with ladies singing "Ooh baby baby" If...

BABY DADDY Fighting for Parental Rights and baby live part-time with his wife / kids [ 16 Answers ]

I have been in an extra-marital relationship for six months with a man who was "leaving" his wife. He told me repeatedly that they were living as roommates and he was moving out soon. Once this went on for some time, I decided I was worth more and broke up with him. I found out a few days later...

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

View more questions Search