Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gvn Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Jul 7, 2010, 01:05 AM
    Thanks catsmine. I will definitely go through it
    And more inquisitive actually to know the reason for this disease

What lead to pets getting effected with this one. And what precautions to be taken to avoid this one
    bestbuddy1986 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2012, 06:08 AM
    Hi Girish,

I know this is very old thread. But I went through it completely. And really sorry to hear that.

Im also from Mumbai, and want to buy bull mastiff puppy.

Can u guide me. For how much u bought it in 2009?
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

Feb 24, 2012, 12:48 AM
    Pertaining to the giant breeds, especially, moderation and patience in their development tends to serve them best while they attain adulthood. Nothing is to be served by forcing development by encouraging it through nutrition alone. Physical development is determined and progresses according to the genetic blueprint of each animal. Excessive forcing of the issue before physical development has prepared the body to accomplish the requested exercises has the potential for unwanted consequences.

Similar cautions should be considered in juvenile exercise periods. Puppies, especially giant ones, are prone to incoordination, and can, literally, throw themselves into harmful positions. For example, but not limited to, throwing objects to be chased or fetched. If this requires a sudden directional change, or stop, the awkward pup may attempt a maneuver that puts abnormal and excessive stresses on the adolescent muscles and joint structures. Shoulder and other joint injuries at this age can plague the adult animal with arthritis, joint instabilities, and other infirmities that detract from their enjoyment of life. A 75 pound 8 month old puppy can run faster than it can safely turn sharply, or stop. But it will usually try. It may be hilarious watching it stumble, fall, slide and roll to a stop, but not so as it may get on its feet and limp back to you to throw the ball again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Litter of Bullmastiff Puppies 5wks old with Diarrohea [ 4 Answers ]

I have a litter of bullmastiffs that have the diarrohea. I have been giving them prokolin and Lectade to help with dehydration, but it is getting worse rather than better. It's spraying out the one like a jet. They are on scrambled eggs made with water once a day, with chicken and Royal Canin...

My Bullmastiff won't eat [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya, we moved into a new house 2 weeks ago, we have a ten month old girl bullmastiff, since living here she will not eat, we have tried everything that she loves from, chicken wings to biscuits, rice pudding, you name it we have tried it, she does not eat even 1/8 of what she normally would. We...

Will I keep growing? [ 2 Answers ]

I've had my period for about a year and I wanted to know if I'm still growing. I'm 12. I heard that after I had my period I would have 2 years to grow but I'm not sure.

Am I growing? [ 33 Answers ]

Ok, here is the deal: I have been married for 11 years, I love my husband and my 4 kids. I am changing mentally, from what I used to believe to what I believe to day. My husband is a strong republican, so I was one too. I can't say that I disagree with him entirely, but my views on politics...

English bullmastiff [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I've got a 6 year old english bullmastiff just recently she has refused to eat any tin dog food she eats a little dried biscuits but is drinking water .we have noticed when she is lying down she trembles a little and does a little moaning when turning around but soon settles .can u please tell...

View more questions Search