Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpingdawn Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2013, 09:45 PM
    Want to move from oc to la county probation officer says no
    I have a friend in la countie who is wants to take me and my kids In to help him with his special needs chield and also give me a fresh start wirh a lot of suport but probation offi says hedont want to le Dr me chang counties or move even if I still repot to him and do meetings please help I don't want to violate and need to get away from where I am
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2013, 07:24 AM
    Did you read and follow this: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...on-562513.html
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2013, 07:38 AM
    Hello help:

It looks like you want to move within your state. Look at your court order or the probation rules you signed. I don't think they prevent you from moving within your state. If that's so, move, and check in with your new county probation department.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2013, 08:32 AM
    Excon, if OP is attending Court mandated meetings how would moving change that requirement? In my area you need to be Court mandated in order to attend certain support groups.

This may vary in other areas, but I wondered -
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2013, 10:17 AM
    Hello again, Judy:

I don't know what the meetings are, but I assumed it was with her PO. Even if it's some other service or mandated meeting, the new county should offer the same services..

Look. She's not very articulate... But no matter WHERE the transfer is too, between us, we have it covered.

excon

Apr 14, 2013, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Judy:

I dunno what the meetings are, but I assumed it was with her PO. Even if it's some other service or mandated meeting, the new county should offer the same services..

Look. She's not very articulate... But no matter WHERE the transfer is too, between us, we have it covered.

excon
    I don't have a lot of money to hire a lawer to help and probation offofficer seems not to care and says if Im not happy at home he will put me I. Halfway house and I dot qant that with my kids what should I do is there soneone I can call I'm scared if I piss him off he will just find way to violate me as
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2013, 01:21 PM
    Hello again, h:

I TOLD you what to do. Read TWO documents.. That's NOT very hard... I'm SURE they'll tell you where you can live...

But, your PO said no. If you do ANYTHING, it's going to piss him off. You're either going to have to stand up for yourself, or just DO what he tells you to do. If you had MILLIONS, your lawyer can't protect you. Your PO is STILL going to be pissed at you... So, lay down, or fight for your rights.

excon

Apr 14, 2013, 02:44 PM
    Hello again, h:

I TOLD you what to do. Read TWO documents.. That's NOT very hard... I'm SURE they'll tell you where you can live...

But, your PO said no. If you do ANYTHING, it's going to piss him off. You're either going to have to stand up for yourself, or just DO what he tells you to do. If you had MILLIONS, your lawyer can't protect you. Your PO is STILL going to be pissed at you... So, lay down, or fight for your rights.

excon
    I looked at both documents nothing says I have to live in same county I asked my probation officer why I could not move he said because he didn't want me to like it was personal last time I was on probation same office po loved me fave good me review so I don't ger it I need to get away mom is a drunk and puts me down all the time just can't violate my kids need me that's why when I got offer to help feiend with his son and house cleaning in sgv in good home and lots of suport from not only him but his family I jumped to ask and friend making offer also called now he wants to call back and talk to po to see what if anything could be done to make this happen but afraid if he calls it will ger me in teuble or piss off my po
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2013, 03:01 PM
    Hello again, h:

If your documents don't say that you have to remain in one county, then I suggest you can live ANYWHERE within your state.

As I said, no matter WHAT you do, it's going to piss off your PO. So, what? He doesn't like you much now. The question is, can he violate you. I say NO.

Here's what I would do.. Write a CERTIFIED letter to your PO. Send copies to the CHIEF PO, and even to the judge. In it, remind him of your request to move and his denial.. Tell him that you read your probation rules and it doesn't say you have to live in a particular county. Tell him the reasons for your move.

And, then MOVE.

excon

Apr 14, 2013, 03:07 PM
    Hello again, h:

If your documents don't say that you have to remain in one county, then I suggest you can live ANYWHERE within your state.

As I said, no matter WHAT you do, it's gonna piss off your PO. So, what? He doesn't like you much now. The question is, can he violate you. I say NO.

Here's what I would do.. Write a CERTIFIED letter to your PO. Send copies to the CHIEF PO, and even to the judge. In it, remind him of your request to move and his denial.. Tell him that you read your probation rules and it doesn't say you have to live in a particular county. Tell him the reasons for your move.

And, then MOVE.

excon
    Thank you I will do what you said sounds good to me wish me luck would love to transfer proprobation to local office

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation reinstated can I move to another county [ 0 Answers ]

I just got my probation reinstated due to non-compliance for my prior 2 DUI's, I want to move from ventura county to LA county and transfer my 18 month dui classes which I have not started yet to LA county as well. I just served 12 days out of 90 days for non-compliance. Can I move from ventura...

Probation officer is not allowing a transfer to another county for work [ 11 Answers ]

I live in orange county my husband and I were both put onto probation last year in feb. 2010. We have finished everything asked of us from probation and have been doing great. We need to move to Riverside because I cannot find any work and my husbands hours just got extremely cut and we have no...

How to transfer felony probation from santa clara county to san bernardino county? [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancˇ is on felony probation in santa clara county. I reside in san bernardion county. We want to get him transferred from san jose to barstow. He has no address in san jose so he is currently bunking down in a men's home at victory outreach until he can get a transfer. He has to register as...

Going above the head probation officer in this county [ 7 Answers ]

I recently transferred my probation back to North Carolina under false pretenses. My children insisted they wanted to move back near their father. I honored that thinking; it was the best thing for my children. However, they are worse off here then they were in Maine, and I really want to transfer...

Can my probation officer say that my wife has to move out of our home? [ 6 Answers ]

I live in Wisconsin. I got married about 4 months ago and have since been put on probation. My probation officer has now told me that my wife has to move out of the home. I have a toddler that she cares for when I work (not her child) this will cause a significant problem and I don't understand why...

View more questions Search