Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelbaby93 Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Jun 18, 2009, 07:15 PM
    I think I'm emotionally disturbed
    I live with my mother, my uncle, and two sisters. My uncle tries to act like he's my father even though he and my mom are engaged and he's my dad's brother. My sisters are always trying to get me into trouble, and I'm always getting yelled at. I'm 16, and my sisters are 11 and 14. They always try to get me in trouble, and my mom and uncle always believe them.

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm always crying, and my boyfriend tries to comfort me, but that doesn't help. They know how they make me feel. Ever since my dad walked out, they treat me differently. I don't know how much more I can takes. I was bulimic at one time because of them. It's becoming too stressful for me. I can't take it. They say I don't do anything, yet I'm always cleaning house and stuff for them.

I don't know what I should do. I'm always crying because of the stress. I've talked to counselors about it, and they don't help me. I think I could be bipolar because I have very slight mood changes. I can be happy one minute, then snap out the next. Other than that, I think I'm mental and emotionally disturbed.

I don't know. Somebody tell me what you think. I'm only 16 and don't have any other family in this city. I feel like an outsider in my house, but am too afraid to run away. When I go to my boyfriend's house or my best friend's house, it feels so warm and welcoming, but when I enter my house, I feel all the negative energy coming at me. My sisters basically want me dead, yet I've never done anything to them.

I'm always crying, always upset, and, sometimes when they bother me out of nowhere, it makes me mad. My mom and uncle know they do, but they don't want to believe me about anything. Like one day as sometimes happens over a show I watch (my mom doesn't want me watching those reality shows), a commercial for one was on while I was flipping through the channels. My sister said, "Oh, we're not supposed to be watching this." I wasn't watching it; it was just the commercial. Sshe went to her room to see if it was on, and it was, so she said I was watching the show. I did say "Next time on the so-and-so show..." and then another commercial came on.

They recorded me, and I didn't know it. They used their MP3 players like interrogations of my baby sister and me. I didn't know she was recording me, sod I said "no," and then they were pausing parts and making me sound like I said bad things to them when I didn't.

I don't like to be yelled at. It's just very stressful for me. I'm not doing well in school because of the stress. I'm very heartbroken here at home. On top of that, I'm grounded, and my sisters are trying their best to get me grounded for a longer period.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2009, 07:20 PM

I think you need some punctuation marks first.

Please don't diagnose yourself. It's the worst thing you can do.

What is right in your life?
    angelbaby93 Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Jun 18, 2009, 07:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I think you need some punctuation marks first.

Please don't diagnose yourself. It's the worst thing you can do.

What is right in your life?
    Nothing really the fact that my best friend mite be pregnant puts a downer on my because I think I'm going to lose her the only good thing is my boyfriend of almost 3 months... weve never had a fight but I'm afraid he mite leve me he's never given me reasons to think that but people are always walking in and out of my life maybe I'm just crazy
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2009, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by angelbaby93 View Post
    Nothing really the fact that my best friend mite b pregnant puts a downer on my because i think im going to lose her the only good thing is my boyfriend of almost 3 months...weve never had a fight but im afraid he mite leve me hes never given me reasons to think that but people are always walking in and out of my life maybe im just crazy
    What I want you to do first (I know you can, and you will do a good job too) is go back over your post and add punctuation marks and capital letters. We have to start small to give ourselves some self-esteem and get a pat on the back from others. Fix any spelling problems too.

Pretend I'm your teacher whom you want to please and get an A from.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2009, 08:04 PM

Here are my corrections of what you wrote --

I live with my mother, my uncle, and two sisters. My uncle tries to act like he's my father even though he and my mom are engaged and he's my dad's brother. My sisters are always trying to get me into trouble, and I'm always getting yelled at. I'm 16, and my sisters are 11 and 14. They always try to get me in trouble, and my mom and uncle always believe them.

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm always crying, and my boyfriend tries to comfort me, but that doesn't help. They know how they make me feel. Ever since my dad walked out, they treat me differently. I don't know how much more I can takes. I was bulimic at one time because of them. It's becoming too stressful for me. I can't take it. They say I don't do anything, yet I'm always cleaning house and stuff for them.

I don't know what I should do. I'm always crying because of the stress. I've talked to counselors about it, and they don't help me. I think I could be bipolar because I have very slight mood changes. I can be happy one minute, then snap out the next. Other than that, I think I'm mental and emotionally disturbed.

I don't know. Somebody tell me what you think. I'm only 16 and don't have any other family in this city. I feel like an outsider in my house, but am too afraid to run away. When I go to my boyfriend's house or my best friend's house, it feels so warm and welcoming, but when I enter my house, I feel all the negative energy coming at me. My sisters basically want me dead, yet I've never done anything to them.

I'm always crying, always upset, and, sometimes when they bother me out of nowhere, it makes me mad. My mom and uncle know they do, but they don't want to believe me about anything. Like one day as sometimes happens over a show I watch (my mom doesn't want me watching those reality shows), a commercial for one was on while I was flipping through the channels. My sister said, "Oh, we're not supposed to be watching this." I wasn't watching it; it was just the commercial. Sshe went to her room to see if it was on, and it was, so she said I was watching the show. I did say "Next time on the so-and-so show..." and then another commercial came on.

They recorded me, and I didn't know it. They used their MP3 players like interrogations of my baby sister and me. I didn't know she was recording me, sod I said "no," and then they were pausing parts and making me sound like I said bad things to them when I didn't.

I don't like to be yelled at. It's just very stressful for me. I'm not doing well in school because of the stress. I'm very heartbroken here at home. On top of that, I'm grounded, and my sisters are trying their best to get me grounded for a longer period.
    flayvur Posts: 52, Reputation: 2

Jun 18, 2009, 08:53 PM
    Honey, I remember going threw things like that as a teenager. Feeling like no one understood me and having siblings and cousins who really got on my nerves. Please be advised that you've got maybe two or three more years in your mom's home. Try to concentrate on positive things like getting your grades in order, find some books that interest you about maybe the career your interested in, a place you'd like to go or maybe a person you look up to. Preferably some one positive. You really have to find a way to not concentrate so much on the negative things in your household. Your not emotionally disturbed your not the only one who has experienced things like this. Just remember you have to make it threw the bad times in order to see the good time's don't give up start to planning your life. Decide what you want out of your life and start making plans to make it happen. One day you may just be counseling teenagers on how to make it threw some of the things your going threw right now. Be strong and stay positive. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is he emotionally cheating on me? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been going out for eleven months now (we are both each others' firsts). In the beginning of the relationship I became aware of his friendship with a woman he met in an online game (she lives across the country). They became friends two and a half years ago and are such good...

I am very disturbed [ 2 Answers ]

I have been married for about 10 years. I tell you the truth. I have lost all my love for the man that I love 10 years agao until until I suddely found that I am in love with my ex-boyfriend. It was not my fault. My husband always hurts my feeling by saying all bad words and he keep on neglecting...

Pouring concrete pier for deck in disturbed soil [ 5 Answers ]

I am pouring piers for an exterior deck soon, but upon digging the holes, I realize/remember that close to the house the earth was dug out and back-filled for the basement. That was 3 years ago, but the earth is still really easy to dig through in some places. It is clay. My questions are: (1)...

Disturbed child and giant treehouse movie? [ 1 Answers ]

My son and I saw this movie a year or so ago on TV, can't remember who was in it but about a mother, daughter and I believe a son and the father had died. The little girl went a little nutty and didn't talk and tried to hurt herself climbing out windows and stuff. She was seeing a therapist and...

Challenging her emotionally [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, So me and the ex are trying to give our relationship another shot. Like many of you, I smothered her and was clingy and needy. I now know that was wrong and stupid. This time around I'd like to fix those mistakes. To do this, many of you told me that I had to once again challenge her...

View more questions Search