Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sukhgill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2010, 06:41 PM
    1992 honda civic engine light came on and some time won't start.
    I have honda civic 1992 and the check engine light came on went to auto shop he said problem in distributor than I buy used distributor from junkyard and replaced but after 2 day light came on again. Went to auto shop they said problem in distributor. Some time my car won't start it start but after 2 sec off than I have to wait for 15 mint then start fine in one click. Please tell me the problem.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2010, 06:45 PM

What exact code was most recently thrown?
    sukhgill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2010, 11:33 PM
    Code 9
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2010, 06:24 AM

Code 9 = Cylinder Position Sensor (CYP). Internal distributor sensors are not serviceable.

You will need to replace the distributor housing (genuine Honda only). Over 50% of new aftermarket distributors for Hondas, at AMHD, have not worked. The others have not been real reliable. To save money, replace the ICM and coil in the new housing:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896
    Mac18 Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Nov 12, 2011, 01:18 PM
    No offence but that's why you buy quality used parts or brand new parts not ones from a junkyard

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

99 honda civic, engine light blinking, engine start jumping. [ 4 Answers ]

When I was driving home, my car start shaking, then I stopped and turn the engine off. When I started back up, the engine still little jumpy and the engine light start blinking. Did any body knows what's going on? Please help. Thanks

92 honda civic won't start cel light is on, car does run after waiting long time [ 1 Answers ]

Need help with my 92 honda civic 4 door. When I first start the car or when its cold it won't start, it cranks but the CEL is on, so I would have to wait almost an hour and a half for the fuel pump to turn on and the CEL turns off and I can drive it after. I need help ***!!

1992 Honda Civic check engine light is on, after speedometer stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday, after driving on the highway for about 15 km, the speedometer starting fluctuating. No other problems. About 4 hours later, we started the car (no problem), but the speedometer was dead. As we continued, the check engine light came on. And then the speedometer started working again. I...

1992 Honda Civic won't start, no spark, lotsa $$ and time [ 20 Answers ]

BRAND NEW member here, I feel very lucky to have found this site and am hoping for some guidance! I've followed virtually every shred of advice I've read on this site in trying to fix a 92 Civic... checked and replaced the main relay (got new one at Honda dealer parts counter), the ECM (put in...

1992 HONDA CIVIC Rough engine random [ 1 Answers ]

First of all, let me thank GreaseMonkey for the highly educating answers. Here is one more in regard to my civic. I am now keeping a multi-meter in the car at all times... thanks. My car will randomly decide to run very rough. If I keep the A/C on it will not idle. Even with it off, it will...

View more questions Search