Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimnjason Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2010, 12:47 PM
    1993 Honda Accord Lx, has fuel, no fire new coil, what now??
    We have a 1993 Honda Accord Lx Stick, and it died about 2 weeks ago, after it sat for about 30 minutes it started again, we went to the parts store and they said it was to old to hook to the computer, but it souded like the fuel filter was bad, we replaced it (it wasn't good that's for sure) we thought that fixed the problem, however, it died again, and now it has no fire to the coil, wa put in a new coil, still nothing... A friend that works on Hondas a lot said maybe the systm relay, so where is that, and how much more money is this going to cost! Any help would be great! Thanks!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2010, 01:00 PM

Replacing the Ignition Control Module should solve the problem:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

If the CEL comes on and goes off normally, the problem is distributor related and has nothing to do with the main relay.

This is an ideal time to replace the rotor and distributor cap, if they have not been replaced in 60,000 miles. I prefer BWD rotor and distributor caps--they come with a lifetime warranty and the cap comes with brass contacts, rather than aluminum. They are cheaper and hold up much better than Honda's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 honda accord fuel filter [ 1 Answers ]

I need to change the fuel filter in my car, but one of the hoses or line is crushed and Im not sure what the lines are called that go to the fuel filter. I was told it is a fuel pressure hose, but Im not sure.

Fuel pump relay 1993 honda accord [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the location of the fuel pump relay on a 1993 honda accord

Changing a fuel filter on a 1993 Honda Accord [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to change my fuel filter and it tells me disconnect the 2 connectors on the emission box, how do I disconnect the connectors?

1993 Honda Accord LX [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1993 honda accord lx and the car doesn't want to start right away, it will turn over and over and over then turn on and run really rough, then shut off and the check engine light comes on along with the box around the drive 4 flashes anybody know what might be the problem.; It has a new...

View more questions Search