Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hellmyra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2009, 04:57 PM
    97 honda won't start/cranks won't fire
    My fuses are good. car won't fire but cranks and its getting gas. It was fine I shut it off and 5 min later nothing
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2009, 05:07 PM

If the CEL comes on and goes off normally, when the ignition switch is turned to ON, replace the Ignition Control Module and coil:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 honda cranks and sparks but won't start! [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1991 honda civic with a 1.5 in it. Here is my problem, it cranks and sparks but won't start. I have replaced the fuel pump and filters three times. I opened the top to the throttle body and poured some fuel in and it started and stayed running for about 15 to 30 seconds without pressing...

1997 honda civic dx won't crank won't start [ 17 Answers ]

I have a 1997 honda civic dx 5 speed. Yesterday car was fine, started strong and drove strong. I parked car last night and about 4-5 hours later tried to start it. When I turned the key in the ignition there was no crank at all. I can hear a little hum and then a click but that's all.

My 92 Honda civic cranks over but won't Start! [ 5 Answers ]

My 92 civic has 228,000 miles, turns over but won't start. I had replaced the distributor thinking the ignitor was at falt, battery is good, timing belt and components were changed 29,000 miles ago. There is NO check engine light coming on, only when I'm trying to start the car. I can hear the fuel...

Honda won't start, cranks won't fire [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1990 Honda Accord, the timing belt is turning rotor in distributor, car acts as if it is getting no fuel or spark, tried to get it to fire with starting fluid, would not fire, any ideas?

1994 honda cranks won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My 1994 honda accords engine shut off at a redlight. I tried jumostarting the car thinking the battery was dead but that didn't work. The engine cranks but the car doesn't start. Does anyone have any suggestions.

View more questions Search