Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trisah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Power Windows & Seats Don't Work
    2005 Chevy Tahoe/90,000 miles: Neither my drivers or passenger side power seats work. My passenger side power windows do not work, but my drivers side power windows do. I have replaced fuses several times and everything works for a few hours but then quits again. I called the dealer and they said their diagnostic equipment will not detect electrical problems. This has been happening for a few months. Please help! Thanks!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2008, 10:35 AM
    Did you actually change out the motors for the windows or seats.
    trisah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 10:44 AM
    No, just the fuses (multiple times). I can't imagine the motors of the seats and windows going out at exactly the same time. Plus, the drivers side windows work, just not the passengers.
    onelaptog Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 06:27 PM
    If you have replaced the fuses multiple times and it works for a short time then you have a short in the circuit somewhere.. this can be a loose connection on any of the connectors in that circuit ( window switches or seat switches ) do you know which switch makes the fuse blow? If you can determine which switch makes it blow then you have narrowed the circuit down. If you can replace the fuse and work each switch one at a time till the fuse blows.. after you determine the circuit you can trace the wires and find out why.. more than likely it is a bad motor somewhere either one of the seat motors or one of the window motors.. next in the food chain would be the switch itself.. and even less likely would be a wiring problem.. hope this helps :D is it under warranty? If so take it in and tell them to fix it under warranty if they say they can't fix electrical problems they are either lying to you or they are really a small dealership. IF THE SERVICE MANAGER DOES NOT HELP YOU ASK FOR THE REGIONAL REPS NAME AND NUMBER. Or you can go to a different dealer, they should help you even though you didn't by it from them.. ( I assume you bought this new). Good luck
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by trisah
    2005 Chevy Tahoe/90,000 miles: Neither my drivers or passenger side power seats work. My passenger side power windows do not work, but my drivers side power windows do. I have replaced fuses several times and everything works for a few hours but then quits again. I called the dealer and they said their diagnostic equipment will not detect electrical problems. This has been happening for a few months. Please help! Thanks!
    Which fuses are you replacing?
    Those circuits are protected by circuit breakers.

It has become apparent that completely reading members profile will be in your best interest. Please be careful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows XP won't boot after a power cut. Technical Q [ 3 Answers ]

This is my problem.. After a split second power cut the PC rebooted itself, it booted normally but a new black screen appeared after the Packard Bell "BIOS options F2 and F8" with the following message appeared: "PXE-E61 Media Test Failure Check Cable" Looked this message up on the internet...

97 Honda Accord all four power windows quit [ 2 Answers ]

All four of the power windows in my 97 honda accord seem to have quit. I've checked the fuse and it was fine. The windows worked fine the day before, but I started it up one day and all of a sudden I couldn't roll any of the windows down. After checking that the fuse was OK, I assumed it was the...

Power windows [ 1 Answers ]

2000 Dodge Caravan- passenger side window don't go down I just replaced motor and I need a switch but my questios is does even the broken one have to be plugged in to coplete the circuit and if not what else could it be I looked for fuses but can't find any that say window please help

95 Chevy Lumina Minivan power windows [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 95 chevy lumina minivan, with power windows that are not working... the only fuse I could find is in the circuit panel underneath the glove box, I tried switching the fuse out but still no luck... anyone have any ideas ? Thanks in advance Eddie

Power windows [ 1 Answers ]

2000 GMC jimmy the drivers side control won't work could it be a fuse?All other windows work.

View more questions Search