Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carmd313 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2011, 02:36 PM
    Attaching a millivolt wired thermostat to a gas fireplace?
    Replaced my battery operated thermostat which operates a gas fireplace with a wired/battery millivolt white rodgers 1F87-361 thermostat. I can't get the system to recognize each other? Ideas?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 15, 2011, 03:51 PM
    Did you have a remote thermostat before, and now have a two wire wall mount millivolt thermostat? Please clarify. Also as much info as to where you hooked the stat wires on the fireplace would be helpful.
    JonesHVAC Posts: 173, Reputation: 12

Oct 15, 2011, 05:48 PM
    Brand and Model of the fireplace would be helpful too. Thank you
    Carmd313 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 06:38 PM
    Thanks for all your advice. Kept at it till it worked. It is working perfectly now. I do suggest that you install a wired/wireless thermostat with the install. The wireless thermostats are not reliable (honestly they are over priced and don't last at all). The White Rodgers wired/wireless is great!
    JonesHVAC Posts: 173, Reputation: 12

Oct 20, 2011, 04:56 AM
    Gladto hear you got it figured out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Fireplace thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

In my family room I have a Heatilator gas fireplace that came with a three wired remote switch which allows one to turn off and on manually as well as turn the system on/off depending on temperature setting. The problem with this system is that the fireplace will turn on/off at any time the...

Gas fireplace thermostat [ 8 Answers ]

I have a gas fireplace that is less then 2 years old. Last year I probably used 10 times, this year it was used once and after 10 minutes the fire went out and I could not relight it again. The pilot is on but when I raise the temperature on the thermostat for the fireplace to go on, nothing...

Gas Heater with Millivolt Thermostat Large Control Range [ 2 Answers ]

I have a very old under the floor type of gas heater in my house. It uses an ITT thermostat and I believe it is a millivolt system as it works even when we lose electricity. Lately the range between when the heater turns on and off seems to have increased causing it to be either a little chilly...

24v Thermostat to Millivolt Propane Fireplace Insert [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of replacing a millivolt thermostat that controls my Regency Fireplace insert. Coming off the insert are two wires that when connected together open the gas valve and the fireplace insert begins operation. I purchased a new thermostat that allows me to call the thermostat...

Gas fireplace thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

The thermostat on my gas fireplace works OK, but is not very sensitive. Any recommendations for a thermostat that's more sensitive and doesn't take so long to come on again once it turns off?

View more questions Search