Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rbrown739 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 08:25 PM
    Gas Heater with Millivolt Thermostat Large Control Range
    I have a very old under the floor type of gas heater in my house. It uses an ITT thermostat and I believe it is a millivolt system as it works even when we lose electricity. Lately the range between when the heater turns on and off seems to have increased causing it to be either a little chilly or a little warm but never quite right. The range can be up to ten degrees. Is there an adjustment somewhere to fix this? Which component might be at fault here? The thermostat, the millivolt generator, or the gas valve? Thanks.
    HVACnomore Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 08:48 PM

Likely a worn out thermostat. Amazingly, there are some modern setback 'stats available. Why would I mention them? Because they have a very tight control range. On a goo one it is 1 degree =/-
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 06:56 AM

I would say it is the tstat if it was the genarator the piloit would not stay lit

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandparent Interfearence with Two Year Old - Control - Large Post [ 6 Answers ]

I am having some issues with my two year old daughter and this is a HUGE POST…I am really sorry and I thank ANYONE and EVERYONE who reads this and responds as I am looking for objective opinions and possible new outlooks/advice. Firstly, I will tell you about our living arrangements for the...

Connection to gas range gas line too large for gas line intake valve [ 2 Answers ]

Connection to gas range gas line too large for gas line intake valve. How can I step the range back line down a step. Is there some kind of converter I can buy?

How to fix Whirlpool Electrical Range Control/Regulator. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all. One of the element got shorted out and I had to replace that element. There were spark and burns at range and element join. Once I replaced the new element, it got turned on the heat. But the problem is that heat is Maximum all the time. When I use controller to lower the heat, it...

Millivolt Thermostat cycling too rapidly [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Honeywell "CT43-A-4440" 750 millivolt thermostat controlling our gas fireplace - but of course I've lost the owner's manual :o (I can't find the manual on the Honeywell site either) My problem - the thermostat calls for heat correctly but once the room has reached the target...

24v Thermostat to Millivolt Propane Fireplace Insert [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of replacing a millivolt thermostat that controls my Regency Fireplace insert. Coming off the insert are two wires that when connected together open the gas valve and the fireplace insert begins operation. I purchased a new thermostat that allows me to call the thermostat...

View more questions Search