Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djohnson2607 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Kenmore Elite HE3 washer "F02" error
    Kenmore Elite HE3 washer "F02" error drain problem
    The washer (42926200 purchased in June of 03) is not draining properly.
    The drain hose is not kinked or clogged. To confirm I used a small wet/dry vac holding the vac hose too the drain hose and sucked a gallon or more of water from the washer.
    When I turn the washer back on the spin/drain cycle it allows a small amount of water in the machine, goes through the spin cycle and a pump noise is made but water is not pumped from the machine.

My thoughts are the pump is bad but would like to confirm from someone with a bit more expertise then my very limited diagnostic knowledge.

Update: OK, after waiting 45 min or so I tried the drain/spin cycle again and it seem to work OK.
    The pump drained the water and the cloths spin cycle worked.?

I immediately tried a 2nd attempt with some wet towels and the water was not removed.

So now I wait and give another 45 min or so cooling period to see if it is a circuit heat related problem.

I waited appox 45 min and tried the spin/drain cycle again and the water was removed from cloths as it should be.

Now I am not so sure that I have a pump problem. ANY IDEAS?? The complete pump cost listed from Sears runs around $75 so is it worth the cost to eliminate the pump as the culprit?

EDIT: I removed access panel from front of the washer. The pump Is very noisy when operating!
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2012, 01:12 PM
    We have a great answer to the 'F02' error already on Ask Me Help Desk.

There is also a great resource I found on applianceaid:

Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.
    * Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.

* Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running.

* Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects.

* If the above does not correct the problem, replace the pump.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite HE 4t "F 02" and "Suds" error [ 11 Answers ]

I have an Elite He 4T frontloading washing machine, it is almost 3 years old - no more warranty! It has been giving me the F 02 error code, which is "Drain Problem". There are no items in the drain on the inside of the machine, I tookoff the hose it is clear. I stuck a wire hanger down the opening...

Kenmore "Elite" Gas Dryer won't turn on. [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, What is the difference between the thermal fuse and the thermal shutoff ? Are they different areas of responsibility ? I would think a fuse and shutoff are the same thing. Thanks

Kenmore "Catalyst" Elite Washer fills but that's it [ 2 Answers ]

Model # 110 20072993 My washer fills with water then does nothing-no sounds-timer does count down but never comes out of wash cycle I took the cabinet off and drained the water so I can work on it tomorrow, any help? Thanks Kevin

Kenmore Elite Calypso "ob" error message [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I can't find my manual on my washer. It's a Kenmore Elite Calypso. It goes through most of the cycle and towards the end I get "ob" error message. I'm thinking it means off balance, but it has been balanced. Any suggestions? Thanks, Bridget

"F" error on Kenmore he3 washer [ 0 Answers ]

I got an "F" error on my washing machine. I can't find the manual to find out what it means. Can anyone help?

View more questions Search