Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soconfused417 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Should I give up?
    I was with my boyfriend for almost four years. We were young and went through a lot together. Hurt each other for example we cheated & lied and there is no trust. Our love is so strong we both have a hard time letting go so we forgive each other but then the relationship seems damaged and I really need some advice. A part of me chases him and wants him to want to be with me. But I really don't know if its healthy for me. I love him to death but he says he wants to be with other girls sometimes but then there is a side of him that just wants to be happy with me? I don't quite understand what he wants from me. And then since I don't trust him when he is treating me good I go and think he is still talking to other girls so I talk to other guys. Well he recently found out and now he is making the decision whether to forgive me or just leave me. Should I just move on? Should I even sweat it? I made him my life, my everything and now I'm scared to loose him. We broke up for a few months before and he says sooo many girls wanted him. Then why when I started dating someone else who treated me so much better then he did but he came crying back & wanted to be with me? And why did I take him back? Did I make a mistake? If all those girls wanted him why didn't he be with them? I'm really confused and I need some advice there is some more to the story... but let me know what you think please :(
    Inspired Posts: 178, Reputation: 22

Jul 8, 2007, 02:45 PM
    I think that you both are playing games with each other. In love you do not hurt and cheat on each other. In my opinion, both of you need time alone to figure out yourself. You two are too much into the drama to be able to sort things out. Since you both were young, it would be a good idea to just take time apart (no talking, no seeing each other) to work on yourself. Don't try to hurt each other when you are taking time apart. Don't care about what he is thinking or doing.
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Jul 8, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Hello.

Sorry to say this but your both not ready for a relationship. Your both wrong and he has no reason to think about forgiving you when he is doing the same thing. If he thinks its OK for him to flirt and play around but you have to stay at home he, better grow up.

Get out now or both of you start giving each other 110%

Good Luck
    Dennis777
    Shaunta Posts: 204, Reputation: 8

Jul 8, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Well Honestly... I Don't See It Working... You Can't Trust Him And He Can't Trust You... What Is A Relationship Without Trust?? I Think You Would Just Need To Move On And Focus On Yourself And Do What You Feel Is Right... Sorry To Say But It Will Never Be Back To Normal Again (whatever Normal Is To You) You Both Did Your Dirt And I Don't See How You Two Could Even Make It Work... I Could Also Be Wrong... I Wish You Luck And You Know In Yourheart What Is Right... I Know You Love Him But Do You Honestly Want To Sit At Home While He Is Out And About Enjoying Himself?? Do You Honestly Want To Sit There And Wonder If Hes Talking To Another Female? The Only Way You Wouldn't Have To Do That Is To Just Move On... Good Luck Honey! :)
    Pook_Myster Posts: 117, Reputation: 38

Jul 8, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Your relationship lacks trust and respect and without these two ingredients it simply won't work. I would suggest that this relationship is like a comfortable old pair of shoes to you... they are familiar, that is all... it's a comfort thing... you need to see the difference between this, and real love.

I am sure you have learnt a lot about yourself and grown as a person from when you first got together and now. I think you should take the lessons and move on and realise that it isn't normal or healthy to treat your partner in such a way.
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Jul 8, 2007, 10:29 PM
    Pretty much the same advice everyone else has given you... this relationship's as good as over.
    Bautista Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2007, 12:42 AM
    Well yea I agree with everyone else...
    You need a break and see how things go you try out new people and he does to and than well see how things work out you know...
    I know its hard to let go of the person you love but sometimes you just have to let go...
    If he isn't listening to you than what the leave him you tried talking to him and everything he don't listen well just take a break and see how things go and see how you like it!SORRY I Didn't GIVE SOME GOOD ADVICE=(!
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Aug 17, 2007, 12:51 AM
    Give up you will much happierin the end and you will look back and say what was I possibly thinking and how unhealty would my life have turned out if I stayedwith hime.

I was in the same situation as you when I was 19 dated a girl for fou years same crap as your going through. Im now 298 and thank god we didn't stay together. One thing I have learnt over time .
    If anyone cheats on you they don't love you. It's that simple.

Trust = love = great relationship. No trust hit the road. This relatoiomnship is doomed and you will only be unhappy one day.

I've learnt one thing from a guy on here.
    There isn't enough love to get cheated on...
    carrieinmarlow Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 07:03 PM
    Sounds like you ought to grow up!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I Give Up? [ 9 Answers ]

I am in recovery for alcoholism, have been sober for about 16 months. It's been hard but the best thing I have ever done. I have been struggling with a relationship with a man also in the Program. We are told in the Program to let go and let God. I try to do this but can't seem to let go on this...

I give up [ 4 Answers ]

Almost a year ago I started to experience burning while urinating. I passed it off as a bladder infection for a few months. I then started noticing that the meatus opening started hardening causing my urine flow to go in different directions. This was followed by a pusy discharge that is foul...

To give or not to give [ 1 Answers ]

Was going out with this guy and it never worked out. We tried the whole friends thing and that didn't work out either. I have some of his stuff which he borrowed me. I'm going to give them back as I want to break all ties with him. A part of me want to give him back things he gave to me as gifts....

Ex won't give up [ 37 Answers ]

I meet a great guy shortly after he left his wife we started dating while he was going through a divorce that she drug out as long as she could I had nothing to do with them splitting he was living with a friend when I meet him she has been a real pain she took 2,000 dollars out of a line of credit...

Should I give up on her? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi this is my first time to ask a question on this would really appreciate any help!I have been with my girlfriend for just over 2 and a half years,I am her first person to ever sleep with her and there's a six year age gap between us,which has never been a problem,right up until we broke up she...

View more questions Search