Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LINDA58 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2008, 12:39 AM
    Severe muscle tightness in both legs
    Hi I've Been having muscle tightness in both of my legs I went to a Dr. and she did some test which included test for M.S which were negative, when walking my legs start feeling very tired and tight, I stop for a while and continue, it will take me 45 minutes to walk from the corner to my house, I have high blood pressure and are on 2 different meds with a baby aspirin daily, as of last week the Dr. cut me back to a 1/2 of one of the meds there now is a problem with my kidneys, high colostral, hep c which my Dr. doesn't seem to think we need to do any thing about that right now.I will be 50 in two months, female I am a light smoker, I quit
    Drinking 7 years ago, over weight, but not bad, I would appreciate any
    And all response. Thank you Linda
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 16, 2008, 06:06 AM
    Hep C doesn't have any symptoms on its own but fatigue is related and that may be the problems with your legs. Hep C is liver disease and there are treatments that your doctor can offer you to at least stall any further damage. You should talk frankly with your doctor about these treatments.

You say you are being treated for high blood pressure but not cholesterol and your kidney problems signify something else going on. You didn't say your doctor was addressing this and you should also talk to him about this because, along with the cholesterol, it could signify diabetes. Sometimes doctors don't call up the significant blood work that shows a sugar problem in the blood.

Your liver performs a very important function in your body and that is cleansing the blood. When that system breaks down it leaves your body open to other ailments.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 16, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Linda, what meds are you on? Some meds can cause this problem.
    LINDA58 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2008, 12:14 PM
    Hi thank you for taking time to reply, the meds I am on for high B.P are 1/2 Hydrochlorot
    25MG cut me back from a whole one. And Lisinopril 10MG, I was proscribed Lipasoral
    For the high colostral but I am embarrass to say at this time I can not afford 94.00
    For these meds, my Dr. has done many a test including test for Diabetes, my heart,
    M.S and many blood test. I've been seeing my DR. for a year now, and my Hep C
    I ask often if we should be doing something about this she doesn't seem to think we
    Need to right now.I am overwelmed sometimes trying to describe how my legs feel
    In my heart of hearts I am scared if we don't get a diagnose I won't be able to walk at all
    Sooner than later. Thank you for your answers and even just taking the time to answer. LINDA
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 16, 2008, 12:22 PM
    Sometimes the cholesterol meds can cause this, and it can happen up to 4 months after you stop taking them.

Do you live in the US? Have you tried to get prescription assistance?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chest tightness since pneumonia [ 6 Answers ]

I am writing for my 30 year old daughter who is really getting depressed that her doctors can't seem to find out her problem. She had pneumonia 5 months ago, was treated with 2 antibiotics and got 75 % better. She still has tightness in her chest and trouble taking in a breath. Sometimes she feels...

SI joint pain and associated muscle tightness [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. Let me start by saying how thankful I am for this site. I will start with my hip scope surgery for a hip labral tear. My surgery was done in January of 2005. My symptoms started up two and a half months before diagnosis and subsequent surgery. While doing the rehab for the hip I began...

Pulled Muscle Need a way to strengthen and relax the muscle [ 4 Answers ]

Hi... my problem is in my right leg the quad muscle I can barely walk on my leg and its next to impossible to run, I was playing softball in the cold weather of Ohio, and I went to hit the ball and as I started to run my leg (quad) started hurting and I wasn't able to stand on it... I am looking...

Muscle spasms in legs and arms [ 4 Answers ]

Both my legs and arms (mostly my left arm and right leg) have muscle spasms where it causes the skin that is close to the bone or just the skin to feel tight and it feels as if the muscles are ripping or contracting. Can anyone give me some advice on what to do? Edit: you can move this to the...

Tightness in chest [ 2 Answers ]

I've had a feeling of tightness in my chest for over a month now. It is most bothersome at night as I can't stop coughing. My cough is most often dry but on occasion I do cough up small amounts of mucus. A little history about me is that I am a full-time welder and smoke about a pack of cigarettes...

View more questions Search