Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    woodjad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 07:43 AM
    Fuel system for a 1997 Honda Accord
    Where is the fuel filter located? Can I replace it myself? The car will run for a few seconds then it seems to run out of fuel. Is it the Fuel Pump?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Usually it's located along the firewall, on the passenger's side. Easy job for the do-it-yourselfer. See if this helps:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post224689

Very few Honda fuel pumps fail, even though many people needlessly replace them. See if you can hear the fuel pump in the gas tank run, when you turn the ignition switch to ON (Position II).

The real problem may be electrical-related. If replacing the fuel filter doesn't solve the problem, focus on the main relay, Ignition Control Module, and coil. These are 3 problematic components on Hondas.
    woodjad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by woodjad
    Where is the fuel filter located? Can I replace it myself? The car will run for a few seconds then it seems to run out of fuel. Is it the Fuel Pump?
    Thanks,
    I will replace the Fuel Filter and go from there. I don't think I can hear the Fuel Pump running. Should I check anything in the fuse box? Is there access to the fuel pump without taking the Fuel Tank out? I know someone was saying something about removing the back seat and that there was an access panel to the pump. Does that sound like a possibility.
    Woods
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 01:31 PM
    . Check all under-dash and under-hood fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

. Read Sections A and B, in the "Sticky."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 honda accord fuel problem [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1992 honda accord which used to get 350+ miles to a tank, 16 gallon tank. Now, it gets only a little over 100 miles to a tank. What could possibly be the problem here? I have never had any work done to the fuel system. Thank you!

03 Honda Odyssey Fuel System [ 1 Answers ]

While driving the Odyssey it acts like it's not getting fuel consistently. RPM's fluctuate and it feels sluggish. It seems to be worse at 30-45 mph. It has 69000+ miles on it. Could it be something as simple as the fuel filter or needing fuel cleaner or something more serious. This grandma is on a...

1997 Honda Accord [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My name is Tonya, but everyone calls me T Angel.:p I was hoping someone could help me. Recently I had to Slam on my brakes hard because of a crazy driver. Since that happened, my car won't start. I can't afford a High mechanic bill. I was told since that happened it could Be because my...

1997 Honda Accord Cigarette Lighter woes [ 0 Answers ]

Ok - a cigarette lighter replacement I should be able to handle, right? Maybe not. I cannot seem to get "behind" the plastic shroud to gain access to the guts of the cigarette lighter housing. Can someone give me instructions or a "guide" or a "drawing" which shows how to get to it? The replacement...

View more questions Search