Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhonda keeton Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 07:20 AM
    HOW to file taxes with no income
    I had no income this year I only went to college,I have one child can taxes be filed
    rhonda keeton Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 07:24 AM
    I have no income because I was attending college but I have one child. How can I file taxes?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Jan 22, 2008, 08:29 AM
    No, you can file taxes. Also since you don't have earned income, you won't get Child Tax credit or Earned Income Credit.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jan 22, 2008, 08:53 AM
    If you have no income, then you didn't pay any income taxes. If you didn't pay income taxes then you aren't going to get a refund on taxes that you didn't pay. So why do you want to file taxes?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 01:14 PM
    She wants to file taxes to get the Earned Income Credit.

Unfortunately, she MUST have earned income to get the credit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to file taxes without an income? [ 1 Answers ]

I receive 115 from Disability Financial Assistance from Job and Family services. I also attend college full time how do I file taxes to get the hope and lifetime tax credit and the telephone tax credit. The 115 a month from Job and Family Services is not taxable income. Any idea of how I would...

I did not file my taxes but had taxes taken out of my check [ 14 Answers ]

I'm kind of worried here... I don't know why I didn't, but it is what it is. I just didn't file my taxes for 2005 and 2006. I also worked for a company in 2004 that paid me in personal buisiness checks that I would cash at citibanks, etc. but they never had me fill out any paperwork and never...

2006 taxes: F-1 OPT Income & Foreign Income [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a somewhat complicated question about my 2006 taxes... I came to the US in 2001 on a student visa (F1). After I finished my degree I worked one year under OPT, and I left when my OPT/visa expired in May 2006 and went home to my native country and got a job there. So basically I...

How to file taxes with no income [ 6 Answers ]

Hi... hope someone can help me, I am a full time student.. I live off school grants and veteran disability benefit money. This is the first time I have not received any income for a whole year. And I don't know how to file my taxes without a w2. But I do know that it is nessesary to file my taxes...

How to File Income Taxes When Converting from F-1 to H-1 Visa Status (AtlantaTaxExp) [ 63 Answers ]

To All Who Have Read My Postings On This Issue: After further consultation with NATP, I am making some additional editing changes, which will be in bold red. I have also been referred to a website maintained by a CPA with extensive credentials and experience doing returns for resident and...

View more questions Search