Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suprenis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Need title of 80's sci-fi movie with alien child and a human man
    I saw this movie when I was young, so I can't recall too many details. The movie revolves around the relationship between an earthling man and a young alien child. Somehow, they become friends and find the child's home city. The alien child's skin is reptilian and his eyes are yellow/gold in color. The child speaks english, but at times, uses this alien communication(somewhere between a breathy cat's purr and gargling water). Once the two find the boy's home, they encounter much conflict from the boy's people. Sorry for the lack of specifics, but I was just a boy when I watched this film. Any help would be gratly appreciated. The only other thing I could add is that the alien planet is very mars-like or desert.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2008, 08:50 PM
    I believe it's Enemy Mine. One of my all time favs. Lou Gosset Jr. and Dennis Quaid were outstanding!
    Lou Gosset and Dennis Quaid end up on a barren planet and fight like hell for awhile until they become friends. Then, Lou Gosset Jr. has a baby and then dies. Quaid, the earth guy, raises the baby and takes it back to it's home planet. Great movie!
    Enemy Mine (1985)
    suprenis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by suprenis
    I saw this movie when i was young, so I can't recall too many details. The movie revolves around the relationship between an earthling man and a young alien child. Somehow, they become friends and find the child's home city. The alien child's skin is reptilian and his eyes are yellow/gold in color. The child speaks english, but at times, uses this alien communication(somewhere between a breathy cat's purr and gargling water). Once the two find the boy's home, they encounter much conflict from the boy's people. Sorry for the lack of specifics, but I was just a boy when i watched this film. Any help would be gratly appreciated. The only other thing I could add is that the alien planet is very mars-like or desert.
    Words can not express my gratitude. You have rescued my mind from utter despair. 1,000 thank yous.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2008, 09:36 PM
    Wow! Glad I could help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unknown 80's movie maybe 'the alien kid' [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I'm trying to find the name of a film I used to watch when I was a lad. Its very vaige in my memory all I can remember is that a boy was being hunted by the government or organisation and was helped to escape by a fat sheriff. I know this is a shot in the dark but someone must have seen it. I...

Looking for a kids alien movie from the 80's [ 6 Answers ]

HELP! It's driving me crazy!! I must have watched this movie sometime in the 80's or maybe early 90's. It's about a boy maybe 10 years old, he lives near a quary of some sort. I guess people started to act all strange and stuff and they all had marks on their necks. (They were all infected...

Alien/kid 80's movie [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for the name of a family type alien ship movie from the 80's. The kid is around 11 and he's going home through the woods/ravine and an alien ship picks him up. When he returns to earth, it's about 10 years later and he is the same age as when he left but everyone else is older. The...

80's children's alien movie and Cowboy film. [ 2 Answers ]

Hey Guys hope you can help me out because its driving me insane! FIRST: 80's Alien movie. Begins on the moon/mars, a probe has landed and little alins look at it... The alien comes back to earth with the probe. Next scene is a road block police are searching cars to find the alien (it...

An alien movie from the 80's [ 5 Answers ]

This has been bothering me... and I can't remember what the name of the movie is. :confused: Let me describe as best as I can remember about the movie. It seems it was a movie about an alien child who was left without his parents... the thing I remember about this movie is that I took my little...

View more questions Search