Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjmmlysmith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 11:30 AM
    How can I find a free psychiatrist?
    I'm studying about bipolar and depression I found out that I may be self-diagnosing. How can I find help with no money?:confused:
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2008, 11:53 AM
    A lot of areas have free/low pay clinics. Try the health department or if you have a university/state hospital in your area then they should have a low cost/free clinc. If you would provide your state we may be able to Google up a list for you.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Believe these sites will help you... Good Luck !

How to Find a Psychiatrist

Advice on How to Find a Psychiatrist

Hope this helps -- please rate my answer
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2008, 03:12 PM
    I recommend that you see a psychiatrist with a good reputation and established practice. Free clinics often have *residents*(in training) in psychiatry seeing and diagnosing the patients.

You good health is most important, you can make room in a budget to see the best physician available. It's super important. You don't want to start labelling yourself and medicating yourself on an incorrect diagnosis.
    fun2tamjam Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 16, 2008, 11:25 PM
    I think everyone is bi-polar in some degree... seek out family and friends they are always free... just go with your own intuition about who is helping and who is not. You will know by how you feel.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2008, 11:38 PM
    I may be self-diagnosing

The problem with that would be if you begin prescribing your own treatments... such as rounds at the bar... I was once in a bar, where I overheard a bunch of the regulars telling what diagnosis they thought they might have... as they drank their dinners. None mentioned alcoholism.

If you are in the United States, many local agencies have sliding fee scales based on your income.
    rahul_1982 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 12:18 AM
    Hi off late I have been facing depression a lot and it has brougt me to brink of self destrustiction with alcohol playing a major role
    sila148 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2010, 11:14 PM
    I was molested when I was 12 yrs old and now I`m 32 I had some counsling but it didn't help me I was wondering if u could help me, I`m depressed and I keep to myself
    Kuraishii1922 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2010, 10:44 AM
    I was molested from the time I was 3 to the time I was about 9 or 10.
    And in later years, when I was about 12, I was molested again.
    When I was 14, I was put on drugs and taken advantage of by my sister's high school friend.
    I understand what it's like. I know there are many emotions and problems you go through when
    Things like this happen to you. There are many people out there who are willing to talk to
    Others who have these problems. Myself included. ( [email protected] ) But also, there
    Are things you have to resolve within yourself, by yourself, to actually get past this. And
    No one will be able to tell you what those things are. I used to wonder why God would let something
    So horrible happen to me. Now I a glad, because I can try my best to give comfort to those out
    There, like yourself, who are dealing with similar problems.I hope this message gives you some
    Encouragement that there is hope. E-Mail any time if you feel the need.
    CCCrrrTTT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2011, 10:01 AM
    *** People!! I go online because I am having a lot of problems,, I'm not going to broadcast my problems to the world because I don't need the attention like some of you,, but dude I want to talk to a psychiatrist just like the person who started this thing and I have no health insurance and no money,, and no room in my budget to see the best physician available "Choux",, no I'm not 12 who can talk to there parents to,, and all I'm reading is other peoples problems and talk about alcoholism,, molesting,, and some crappy advice about how to talk to your family,, wow this is the first time I have been on one of these blogs and the last...
    mechanic1961 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2011, 06:53 AM
    Where I can find free phychiatrist in hudson valley ny
    thesadman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2011, 12:17 PM
    I can understand you. My life sucks and no one understands me. I have severe chronic depression and paranioa. If someone can help, please email me: [email protected]
    2peas2plant Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2012, 12:44 PM
    Hello. My problem doesn't seem as bad as any one else's from what I read. But my problem hurt a lot and I just want to talk to some one. I feel so alone. It will take a long time to type every things so I was just wondering if there is someone to talk to other than a family member... for free because a don't have money
    Please help.
    Bobby-CSA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2012, 09:53 PM
    I'm a scoiopath with some psycopathic tendincies I read a lot of articles and colums about it and I want help... its for the sake of my merriage.. all these articles said to help my problems I need a phyciatrist but everybody knows nothing is free this is america home of the cons and for lack of a better word jews in america we help those who can help them selvs and trust me id know I was a marine still am at heart but there is no help here you just have to man up and take it or lose yourself like others have and if you don't like that and don't have a rich mommy or daddy or a 7 year college educated job your fked sorry to break to you as much I was when I broke it to myself...
    Rebeccah321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2012, 08:20 PM
    I have a friend who's girlfriend just got of jail for possession. They don't have any money to spare for her to see a therapist, but he told me today she really needs to talk to someone. She is definitely an addict. They live in Boynton Beach FL. Are there any universities in that area that offer free or very inexpensive counseling.
    silenceisakilla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2012, 09:47 AM
    I have severe mood swings... and I have a very bad temper./... it gets worse and I black out... I get angry so fast and I just want to kill someone

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find free public record of my bankruptcy/discharge [ 10 Answers ]

Can anyone please help me find my free bankruptcy records online? Thank you for your help.

FREE way to find telephone numbers [ 10 Answers ]

Help! Help! Help! Lol Is there any FREE way to find an unlisted telephone number or cell phone number of someone. I know the location but can't find the number FREE anywhere~ Thank you!! Daisy

Is there a way online to find out if I have warrants for free [ 3 Answers ]

Id like to find out if I have warrants for free

Is there any free way to find out how to get a grant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is Brian Dalton and I have looked all over the place to find a site that can tell me exactly how to apply for a grant so that I can start my own homw business without having to pay 24.99 for a cd or book or anything of that nature.can someone please help.Thank you kindly.

Where Do I find about free Grants [ 1 Answers ]

I have have been searching to find out about free grants and everywhere I look I have to pay for the information. Is there anywhere I can find out about free grants and applications for the grants with out spending any money?

View more questions Search