Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pamsteiner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 09:54 AM
    Removing adhesive from skin
    How do you safely remove surgical tape adhesive from skin? I've tried baby oil, alcohol, and non-acetone polish remover. She has very sensitive skin (76 yrs old) so I need to be careful.

Thanks for your help!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 1, 2008, 10:24 AM
    Is the tape still completely on her skin? Have you tried soaking it with a warm wash cloth, then slowly peel a corner and roll it up using gentle pressure with gause soaked in baby oil. I know you mentioned baby oil, but I did not know what method you used.

Alcohol and polish remover are full drying agents so this will only harm her skin more.
    brey4me Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pamsteiner
    How do you safely remove surgical tape adhesive from skin? I've tried baby oil, alcohol, and non-acetone polish remover. She has very sensitive skin (76 yrs old) so I need to be careful.

Thanks for your help!
    You should get some adhesive remover pads from Walgreens or something like that store. The hospital uses them, and they work REALLY well. I am sensitive to them and I don't like pulling them off myself, so I get those to do the job. If she has sensitive skin, then I recommend going to get some.
    adalsmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2011, 01:51 PM

I needed to remove some adhesive tape on my dog's ear flap from an ear injury, that the vet had taped up (with all the fur underneath). After reading several of these comments, I thought I'd add what worked for me with NO pain. After reading about using oil, I had some almond flavored massage oil which I used... applied the oil and gradually pushed against the tape and it came off very easily. The smell was good and the dog enjoyed the taste when given a few licks! No residue either!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing black adhesive from floor before installing new vinyl tile [ 6 Answers ]

I have a bathroom (at the church I belong to) that has a hard type of vinyl tile in it. A toilet has overflowed 2 times in the past and flooded the floor. As a result, a lot of the tile has come loose. I have the replacement VINYL tile, but need to know how to continue. Under the tile is black...

Removing adhesive residue from wood cabinets [ 4 Answers ]

I recently moved, and the movers wrapped plastic tape around many pieces of my furniture to keep drawers from opening, pieces from falling out, etc. It seemed okay at the time, but when the tape was removed, some nasty adhesive residue from the tape was left behind on the wooden furniture,...

Removing adhesive on brick wall [ 4 Answers ]

I had a volunteer mount a metal plaque on a brick wall in an outside courtyard a couple of days ago. I went and looked to be sure the work was done, and found that the plaque is where it should be on the brick wall, but there is a yellow contact adhesive dripping from the plaque down the brick...

Skin whitening: removing dark body tan [ 3 Answers ]

I want to whiten my skin on my body only. My face is very light but my body is dark from natural sun tanning that seem to not fade or have gone permanent. Anything that would work? Soap? Lotion? Aha lotions?

Removing construction adhesive [ 1 Answers ]

We are in the process of remodeling our bathroom. We removed ceramic tiles from the walls; however, we do not know how to remove the construction adhesive. Can any one help us!! We will not be replacing the tiles.

View more questions Search