Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missie320 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Can I prevent visitation?
    Hello, I would like to know how I would prevent any visitation, from my husband with my daughter who is 1 yrs old, my husband has been incarcerated sine before her birth, we are currently in the process of a divorce, he is seeking visitation, while incarcerated, prison is not a place for children let alone an infant, please let me know thank you.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 11:33 PM
    You have to express your concerns to the judge; and you should distinguish your 'worries' from 'concerns'. The judge will try to do what is in the best interests of the child.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 11:46 PM
    Type of crime involved, and length of time he will be in prison might also weigh into it.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2007, 06:54 AM
    You will just have to express your concerns to the judge when you go into the visitation hearing. Ultimately it is up the judge, so there is nothing you can really do except trying to convince the judge that it is not in the best interest of the child. So make sure you have solid, valid, coherent concerns.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 14, 2007, 07:01 AM
    Talk to your attorney, get a counselor who can state the impact on your daughter. Find out exactly what conditions will be like at the facility where he is incarcerated. You need to do your homework to convince the judge.

Some minimum security prisons can be fairly pleasant for family visitations. So you may not be able to convince a judge. Frankly, I feel the impact on an infant would be minimal as they are unlikely to really remember it.
    shilohblue Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2007, 03:29 PM
    I think that in order to terminate parental rights that you have to prove him as an unfit parent in court. I would say a prison is no place for a child to be... but a judge may see it otherwise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to prevent my period! [ 13 Answers ]

Hello! So My period isn't supposed to be until Monday, oct. 29. Well, I am going up north this weekend and our whole extended family goes on many hour long hikes, some lasting 12 hours (all day) We're up in the woods, no bathrooms anywhere, and we always say to go before we leave, because...

Prevent garnishment [ 3 Answers ]

How can I stop the US Depart of Education from Gamishmenting my Check, they are taking Money from my ChecK as of now, for and Student they say that I Own for the last 25 yr, which I don't.:( How Can I Stop My Check From Been Gamishmenting My Check They Are Doing As Of Now, For And Student Loan...

Meds to prevent sickness [ 3 Answers ]

I am around 16 kindergarteners everyday. Imagine the running noses and coughs I encounter. I am 14 weeks pregnant and am trying to prevent becoming sick. I know there is something you can take to help prevent getting sick. I think one brand is called airborne. It is something to boost your immune...

How to prevent miscarage [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm one of those worrying types and I was wondering what is the best way to prevent a miscarage ? If there is any tip or advice feel free to tell me thanxs again

Can I prevent a judgement [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any means of preventing a debit collector or bank from obtaining a judgement against me? Do I have any legal methods prior to a judgement being filed?

View more questions Search