Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mushroom23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 08:32 AM
    Blackheads on inner thighs
    I Have blckheads on my inner thighs and butt. I also have really dark skin on my inner thighs. How do I take care of this?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 8, 2007, 11:34 PM
    I have the same thing... I'm also curious... I get blackheads all over the place... what's the deal?
    mushroom23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 06:45 AM
    I have them for awhile. I have tried so many things I wish someone could tell me what to do.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 9, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroom23
    i Have blckheads on my inner thighs and butt. I also have really dark skin on my inner thighs. How do I take care of this?
    To remove unwanted blackheads, trying using an exfoliating cleanser or a mild scrub. I also recommend using an alpha hydroxy cream. Alpha hydroxy acid creams will exfoliate your skin and clear away the blackheads. This also improves skin texture, and helps fade dark spots and discolorations on the skin.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 9, 2007, 06:33 PM
    I've tried all sorts of scrubs... scrubbing them won't work because they are implanted deep into your pores...

Now, I squeeze them out and then apply por refining astrigent, and even that didn't work.

I can think of nothing short of going to a dermatologist.
    ammie Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Oct 7, 2008, 04:17 PM
    What works is a topical antibiotic called Metronidizol (the gel used for bacterial vaginal infections). It works - smooth it on your thighs after your shower every day, twice a day is best -- keep the area clean and dry, and in a couple weeks they will be gone. Another thing you can try(the results are not as fast or as good) is cleansing your thighs with a good cleanser, like black soap and using an exfolient scrub like an alpha hydroxy exfolient scrub. After you get rid of them make sure to exfoliate the area every day. The skin in that area is sluggish to exfoliate itself and the dead skin on top of oil is what causes the blackheads. Squeezing doesn't work. Good luck.
    redstars24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 02:29 AM
    I found this and it might be useful since I experience the same thing:

Keratosis pilaris is a common skin condition that looks like small goose bumps, which are actually dead skin cells that build up around the hair follicle.

Description
    Keratosis pilaris is a disorder that occurs around the hair follicles of the upper arms, thighs, and sometimes the buttocks. It presents as small, benign bumps or papules that are actually waxy build-ups of keratin. Normally skin sloughs off. However, around the hair follicle where the papules form, the keratinized skin cells slough off at a slower rate, clogging the follicles.

This is generally thought to be a genetic disorder, although the symptoms of keratosis pilaris are often seen with ichthyosis and allergic dermatitis. It can also be observed in people of all ages who have either inherited it, have a vitamin A deficiency or have dry skin. Keratosis pilaris is a self-limiting disorder that disappears as the person ages. It can become more severe when conditions are dry such as during the winter months or in dry climates.
    ramonita Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 06:47 PM
    I have manny black heads on my inner thighs and butt what can I do to take care of this problem
    davidotero41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 10:05 PM
    Hello Everyone, This is a real embarressing problem and your selfesteem goes out the window. What I'm about to say might be funny to others and helpful to those who need it. A lot of warm compress, Like a small hand towel. Leave it there for a few minutes.Then you can squeeze them out, if you can't you can get a needle and use the side where you insert the thread to remove the blackhead.(Lemons) Yes! Cut a lemon in Half and rub it in the area of your blackheads and dark spots.GOOD LUCK!
    nikki1234 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2011, 07:57 AM
    Hi there,

This is a very common problem. Well I have experienced burning between my inner thigh resulting to blackheads. I have had this problem for 10years since I was 15years.
    Since I turned 15 I was overweight, so my inner thighs rub. Usually friction causes burning, burning causes discomfort resulting to blackheads. It helps to scrub the problem area gently. Then use a lightening lotion to improve darkness. Wear clean cotton pants. On another see your GP he will refer you to a dermatologist. Good luck.
    One more thing do not use lightening or fading cream durning the day or before any out door activity, the reason being that you are likely to sweat. I have been using lightening lotion between my inner thigh for 3weeks continiously and I have seen a vast improvement.
    MissJayde Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2011, 05:56 PM
    Im a big girl and also have the same problem btween my thighs, under my breasts,and kind ov a block hair filld pores on my bum that cause pimples. I went to the doctor about this problem and he suggested that I STOP using soap and replace it with AQUEOUS CREAM from the local chemist He also suggested I add into the cream TEA TREE OIL so this is now my soap I've been using it for 5 months and the black heads are really clearing up, Also The TEA TREE OIL can be used directly on the bad areas Of Achne With a Cotton Swab or I've also added a few drops into a hot bath and let my body have a good soak, if you do not like this idea he also suggested ANTI FUNGAL and ANTI BACTERIAL soap, He also suggested I stop Wearing tight sports bras all day, And when I can just lay out in the sun and give my breasts a good airing out and bit of sun I hope this helps.
    readyforchange Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2012, 10:26 AM
    I have suffered from this problem since 8th grade.. I know how bad it hurts one self-esteem esp. in the bedroom.. It makes me feel like something is wrong with me,even though I know I am healthy. Yes I am overweight so I know that causes problems. But I really want to thank you guys for all your helpful info.
    mimi1296 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2012, 05:58 PM
    Where can I get that Metronidazole gel at?
    butterfly31 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 10:32 PM
    Oh wow I thought I was the only one with this problem thank you so much I'm going to try these things asap.
    butterfly31 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 10:32 PM
    Thank you
    Hahlla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2013, 02:48 PM
    I have the blackheads and skin discoloration too. No boils, no whiteheads. Dr. tells me it's because I'm overweight, but I can tell you I've had them since I was a skinny little twig. Every time I research it online people respond with some skin diagnosis rather than a treatment, so I've felt like I'm on my own.

Here's what I've been trying lately, and it seems like I'm having success.

1) As you know, the blackheads are hard to squeeze because the skin on the inner thigh is so tender and pliable. So for about three months I have been making sure to drink plenty of water to ensure that my skin has the ability to rejuvenate itself properly.

2) Whether showering or bathing, I shower off after to make sure there is no shampoo or conditioner residue remaining on the skin of my inner thighs.

3) I dry, dry, dry said skin with a towel after showering.

4) Two or three times a week I blow-dry that area, too.

5) I've been putting my facial moisturizer on the skin between my thighs.

6) If you have a bladder control problem, wear pads. Urine can be very harsh on your skin.

7) I've stopped wearing pantyhose. They really irritate the area of my inner thigh.

8) I've been using my Neutrogena Wave Sonic Spinning Power Cleanser w/ cleansing pads on that area. I don't stand in the running water of the shower. I dampen the cleansing pad on the Wave, hold the skin taut and scrub that area thoroughly. (Note: the foaming pads might get a little foam on your intimate parts, and this is uncomfortable.) After scrubbing well, I fully rinse then shower as usual. I would say I probably use the Wave once, maybe twice per week.

I am FINALLY seeing progress. Keep in mind I've been trying all of this for only about three months, but I am seeing improvement. The blackheads don't feel as sharp, there appear to be fewer blackheads and they're smaller, and the color of my skin is almost normal.

Good Luck, sisters!
    ShirleyPinc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2013, 10:11 PM
    Those Biore type strips work
    ShirleyPinc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2013, 10:12 PM
    Those Biore type strips work but are expensive. I didn't know anyone else had this embarrassing problem.
    ganurse22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2013, 05:46 PM
    The darkening of the skin between your inner thighs could be a condition called "acanthosis nigricans". I have this and my GYN told me it was like due to me having polycystic ovarian syndrome, which I have suffered for years with. I hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Blackheads.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone I have oily skin and have noticed that my skin is very shiny which looks slightly odd.. does anyone know how to remove blackheads? I have tried steaming the lips (thats were the blackheads appear) but my hands slipped.. I squeezed REALLY hard but that didn't work and was quite painful.....

I have blackheads on my nose... [ 6 Answers ]

How can you get rid of them?

Blackheads everywhere! [ 1 Answers ]

:( Hi,:( Im full of blackheads!! How do I get rid of them any tips I have tried lots of skin care products but none seem to work. I do squeeze them but it hurts and some are deep rooted. PLEASE HELP WHAT CAN I DO! :o :mad:

Gah. Blackheads. [ 1 Answers ]

So I have about a gazillion and a half disgusting little black heads on my nose. And I can not get rid of them! Does any body have anyway to make them go away? Because nothing I have tried has worked. :(

Pimples and blackheads [ 4 Answers ]

I am 18 and I have problems with acne... I'm a dark skin girl and every time I get pimples they leave blackheads and scars on my face... someone please tell me howw to get rid of my problem of scars and pimples... to have a clear and spot free face.. :confused:

View more questions Search