Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
1. Only to the point that things within its species evolves slightly.
2. Gap, sorry not up on that one, but I believe in a young earth idea not the old earth. If the earth is that old, which I don't believe it is, the only result was adam and eve was in the garden a lot longer than I would have beleived
3. Yes, God created the time, day and night, so why not
1. While changes within the kinds is often referred to as "evolution," but that is not truly evolution in the Darwinian molecules to man sense of the term. I agree that there are changes within a kind, but not changes from one kind to another.
2. The gap theory is a theological invention which states that there is a gap of an indeterminate period of time between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2. The theory was developed to account for the so called geologic ages which set the earth as millions of years old.
3. There are many good theologians who believe that the days of creation stand for ages rather than normal days. Like you, I disagree with them.
Thanks for your reply,
PS: While you did not state it, I assume you to be a Christian.