Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 12:21 PM
    I am always looking for new surfaces to paint on. I first painted a Thumb Piano in a class in OKC, OK. I will attach image. I have had requests recently to paint some more. I have been searching for some blank Thumb Pianos to paint on. That is how I first found this site. It has been so helpful.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crafts/...no-132272.html

This link gives lots of good information on Thumb Pianos if it catches your interest! Thumb Pianos are just fun.
    Attached Images

grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    Love your use of lights and darks! Evoked feelings upon viewing. The joy of doing a piece is rewarding, when it touches the viewer, that is the icing on the cake! Thanks for sharing. :)
    Hmmmm... thank you so much for the feedback! The one with the sunset, etc. I call 'Solitude'. It was my first painting and done as I started coming out of the darkness after my 2nd husband died. I wanted to use colour to show that I was starting to feel alive, yet I wanted darkness to represent my mood.

You're right... I DO feel so good when I see my finished product, but, yes, knowing that someone else might like it inspires me and makes me want to do more.

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 02:02 PM
    Here are some of my photos. They really do look better full sized, but you can get the general idea of what I like to take shots of:

Attached Images

Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 02:10 PM
    ... and these are the last one's that I will post! Sorry for doing so many!

Oh, and the last one is one of my dogs - Thunder. He is 2 years old and weighs 125 lbs. I can never resist a shot of him! :) He's a Bernese Mountain Dog.

Didi
    Attached Images

firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Grammadidi,
    I love the first three, the frog in clear water is beautiful.
    I like the trees against the sky,looks like dark flames of the trees lapping the skies.
    The two birds with the wood background is outstanding.

I love the sun in the middle of the clouds with the rays through the clouds, brought back memories of years ago, I used to call these rays "revelations".

Oh do keep posting more... love your work.:)
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Thank you firmbeliever. I just love taking shots of the skies and animals. I had some awesome funnel cloud photos (which was a tornado a few miles from her) but my old hard drive crashed before I saved them to disk! I take a lot of shots of flowers, fields and water, too.

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 02:51 PM
    I took a deep breathe and looked to the skies,
    Through the tears I saw the sun.
    A golden light framed in beauty,
    Rays filtering through the clouds.
    And I knew in my heart of hearts
    That this was a moment of pure beauty,
    And within my heart I memorized it.
    For the days when things aren't right
    I will have this golden memory….
    -------------------------

I just wrote the above,I am no poet but that sun within the clouds just called to my heart.
    Thank you for that Grammadidi!
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 03:06 PM
    You are so welcome! It's beautiful! You captured exactly how I feel about it, actually... and you gave me chills.

Didi
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 03:08 PM
    I was thinking of you too when I wrote it, how you looked for colours during the sad times..
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Gosh! There really are a lot of beautiful things happening here! The repport between the various artistically talented people is fantastic! I love things in the visual arts! Have taught about it, appreciated it, got kids started in it, but never really developed my skills in it to the extent that I would want to display it, except for teaching purposes.

I wish that I had things that could be displayed here, since the original question did say "or any other medium." But alas, the art I am best at is the performing arts. And, that would be mainly in the performance of music and drama. I do like to make things for people to be creative on with decorating using various mediums, though.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Clough,
    Do post one of your groups in costume...

We can still get a feel of your art even without sound and movement.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    ....but never really developed my skills in it to the extent that I would want to display it, except for teaching purposes.
    Hmmmm... Clough, that is exactly how I feel about my paintings. Why don't you try us? :) You might be pleasantly surprised.

Here is another medium for me... a combination of my photography and graphic arts:
    Attached Images

bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi
    Here are some of my photos. They really do look better full sized, but you can get the general idea of what I like to take shots of:
    All of these are stunning esp. the birds and the dog is great. You are very talented. To all of you I am very excited to be looking at such great art work.
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2007, 04:10 PM
    I have been in over 40 musical theater productions, either as an actor or as a musician. But, most of the "pictures" have been in the form of videos that have been made of the performances. There are some still pictures that were taken of the cast in costume after one of the performances of the musical "Cats" as was performed at our local dinner theater. I would have to look real hard for the pictures. I was one of the three keyboardists for the show, however. I am in some of the pictures with the cast. There are also quite a few reviews in local news media about certain shows that may still be available online.

Below, is a link to one of the reviews where I played the string bass for a show and we three musicians were also acting on the stage with the main actors and actresses. No pictures, though. I am referenced towards the bottom of the page. Not the best review of the main actors and actresses... The paper on the other side of the river gave a much better review of the overall show.

QCTimes.com / Theater review "Liebowitz Sisters" provides lovely change

I hope the link above works here, because I found it by putting the name Liebowitz in the search function on the site.

>>Edit<< I just tried the link above, and it does work. Although, that site tends to be a little slow in loading overall.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Clough, I read the review! So you tore up the base!! That was great. I am so glad you posted the review. I am sure everyone would like to see you post more of the things you are involved in.

FB, I thoroughly enjoyed your poem. You have a sensitive spirit and it comes through in your writing as well as your art.

Grammadidi, I am enjoying your posts with your photography! I love it! Have you had a book printed with your photographs in them? Keep us posted.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 09:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi
    ... and these are the last one's that I will post! Sorry for doing so many!

Oh, and the last one is one of my dogs - Thunder. He is 2 years old and weighs 125 lbs. I can never resist a shot of him! :) He's a Bernese Mountain Dog.

Didi

grammadidi, my daughter use to live in New York and purchased Zoe, a Bernese Mt. Dog. She was so beautiful and gentle. When she passed away, my daughter and her husband flew to New York and purchased Zoe's niece. When I saw your photo of your Bernese Mt. Dog, thought you might enjoy seeing the painting I did of Zoe for my son-in-law for Christmas. You may not be able to see a lot of detail. I always resize small to post here. I kept the background simple, which is not my style, generally but seemed Zoe was all that needed to be there this time!
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 09:28 PM
    Beautiful painting! You are right, having the simple background was perfect for this gorgeous beauty. You know... I can almost see a little halo above her head. I can tell that you really captured her essence in her expression. I love it! The way she is sitting is just the way Thunder sits... kind of lazy. :) Thanks for sharing this! There must be a huge void in their lives without her.

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Didi, thank you for your kind words! We all do still miss Zoe. When I saw your photo of Thunder, I thought you might enjoy seeing Zoe.
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2007, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    Clough, I read the review! So you tore up the base!!!!! That was great. I am so glad you posted the review. I am sure everyone would like to see you post more of the things you are involved in.
    Thank you for reading the review!

Yes, I tore up the bass! Almost literally, as a matter of fact. Just kidding! :)

Actually, there was an incident right after we had finished playing our first pre-show tune at a Wednesday matinée, where the "D" string on my bass broke! There was no way out for me - no new or old string available at the theater to replace the missing string! I started sweating bullets! I had to play the whole show on three strings instead of four! It did work out, though. I just had to be a little more creative. Before the evening performance, I got an old "D" string off another bass that is at my home. I know that the reviewer was not referring to this incident.

I did play very hard for the show. So much so, that I would tape the two fingers on my right hand up that I use for pizzicato playing with electrical tape before each performance so that I would not tear the skin on my fingers apart.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 11:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Thank you for reading the review!

Yes, I tore up the bass! Almost literally, as a matter of fact.! Just kidding! :)

Actually, there was an incident right after we had finished playing our first pre-show tune at a Wednesday matinee, where the "D" string on my bass broke! There was no way out for me - no new or old string available at the theater to replace the missing string! I started sweating bullets! I had to play the whole show on three strings instead of four! It did work out, though. I just had to be a little more creative. Before the evening performance, I got an old "D" string off of another bass that is at my home. I know that the reviewer was not referring to this incident.

I did play very hard for the show. So much so, that I would tape the two fingers on my right hand up that I use for pizzicato playing with electrical tape before each performance so that I would not tear the skin on my fingers apart.
    Clough,
    I can't imagine even being in a production like that. Sweating bullets?? I would have been a bullet, right out the door! LOL No, I wouldn't let others down but I can imagine the moment it broke, how fast your mind must have been racing. From your posts, I would imagine you put everything into anything you do. I play "at" the guitar and I know about the skin on the fingers just the little that I play.

Just been thinking about all the kinds of art we see on this site and just am in awe. You, with your musical talent among many other talents, others doing beading, poetry, painting, making carriages, drawing, sewing, dyeing fabric, photography, just to name a few on this thread, not meaning to leave anyone's talent unmentioned. It is just late and I am not thinking clear enough to mention them all. It has been fun to be a part of this art community. I have never been much of a joiner but everyone has sure made me feel welcome and I am thoroughly enjoying all the posts. Clough, keep posting more of your work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search