Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sammy28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 06:28 PM
    Using VCR with Dish Network
    Had Dish installed recently and can't figure out how to use my VCR's with it. Never had any problem using it with digital cable. The Dish installer seemed to hook the VCR to the receiver properly but I'm unable to record anything. Wish there was a "Guide for Dummies" to walk me through this process Any help?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2007, 08:22 AM
    If using Coax, you need to record Channel 3 if that is the output from Sat receiver.
    If using RCA, need to select from there.
    Your wish has been granted courtesy of monster cable. Try this, best I have seen:

Monster Cable Connection Guide - Home

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hooking up Dish Network Receiver, DVD player, VCR all together [ 2 Answers ]

I recently got divorced and my husband was the one that always hooked up the electronics, therefore I am dumb when it comes to hooking everything up. I am trying to hook up my DVD player & my VCR to my Dish Network Receiver. I am also wanting to hook it up in a way that I can record something...

Recording to vcr from "my recordings" on dish network dvr [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 622 dish network receiver. I recorded a program through my dvr and it is saved under "my recordings". I would like to make a copy of this program to a vcr tape so I can share it with my co-workers. I tried for hours changing my wiring around and cannot get it to work. I called dish...

Connecting DISH with TV and VCR [ 1 Answers ]

Just got Direct TV - but now can't record TV with the VCR. Wife is ready to divorce me as she is missing her SOAPS - HELP HELP HELP - Direct TV is no support - their manual Does not even include a sample hookup showing a VCR. I need specific directions an idiot can follow that tells what...

How do I connect a combo dvd/vcr to a dish network satellite dvr/tv? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect a combo dvd/vcr to a dish network satellite dvr/tv?

VCR Dish connection [ 15 Answers ]

How do I connect a vcr to my dish network.

View more questions Search