Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheoGrul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 02:28 AM
    Keys typing wrong characters
    The @ key and " key are exchanged. The back slash comes up as#.and several other keys come up with the wrong characters. What do I do?
    Regards
    Theo:)
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 28, 2007, 05:14 AM
    Perhaps check your connections, and make sure your keyboard cable is in tightly.

XenoSapien
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2007, 05:42 AM
    It sounds like you have american keyboard set instead of british (or the other way around).

You have to find the languange or keyboard options and make sure to load the right character set for your keyboard.
    wodo1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 11:26 AM
    How to swapped from uk english usa english I try to delete uk english .any one know how tell me step by step please thank u
    wodo1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 11:26 AM

Hello any one
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2010, 01:43 PM

Have some patience. It takes more than 0 minutes for someone to respond to your question.

In order for us to give directions, we will need a couple things from you. First is what operating system you are using. And second, please try to express what you want a little more clearly.

Are you trying to set your keyboard back to USA from UK? Or are you trying to go from UK back to USA?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 05:09 PM

For Windows:

Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Regional Options

... Select English (United States) from the drop down box.
    Paulwestbrook Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2011, 05:33 AM
    Alt-shift

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard typing wrong characters [ 5 Answers ]

Hiya all, I'm an IT professional and embarrassed to say that I don't know the answer to this question. I have a IBM Thinkpad T42 and although the regional settings and input locale are set to English (UK), the keybord seems to by typing everything in English (US) I've tried everything I...

My keyboard is typing the wrong thing [ 4 Answers ]

On my laptop when I type an s it \show\s up like thi\s \s. When I type the q it come\s up a\s zq and zq come\s up zq The / \show\s up like /[ The up arrow goe\s up but al\so type\s a j and when I type a j it \show\s up on the line above The down arrow goe\s down, but it al\so leave\s a comma...

Wrong letters coming up on keys [ 7 Answers ]

I have no trouble with my keyboard except when I want to send an email from my IncredimailXE acct. Recently I updated it and since then I have been unable to use the keyboard because the keys are all mixed up. They don't even have all the letters. Example: I can type"a" fine but this is what I...

Keyboard Some keys typing wrong symbols [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, The @ is where the " is and vise versa. The # is at the backstroke key and I haven't been able to find where the backstroke key is. The # key is now a £ sign. The ~ key is at the shift key above the backstroke and the ~ is ¬ key. Anyone any idea how I can change back to a normal keyboad...

Pc keyboard keys wrong [ 1 Answers ]

My hp compaq nc6220 has wrong keys - to get a @ you type " and vice versa for example. I followed all the steps in a previous thread on this subject and note that when I go into device manager>hardware>keyboard and expand it, the only entry is "quick launch buttons" i.e. no device is specified. Can...

View more questions Search