Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jstnvme Posts: 83, Reputation: 3

Oct 17, 2005, 08:17 PM
    Just Wondering
    What exactly is a MP3? Does the MP3 format make an already uploaded song smaller so you can put like 200 songs on one CD? And can you use a regular blank CDR which holds 80 min. of music for MP3 files? I don't think so, but please explain... Thanks!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2005, 04:40 AM
    Mp3
    Hi,
    As to the part about copying to a CD-R, your burner software must have the option to copy Mp3's to a CD-R. Then, the cd-r can only be played on a Mp3 player.
    Any CD-R which has both 700 MB or 80 Min. on it, can be used for both files and music.
    If you wish to play the cd-r in, such as, a car cd player, then you have to copy the cd-r as an Audio CD; not mp3, (unless your car has a Mp3 player).
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Oct 18, 2005, 11:57 AM
    Hi, Just to make a slight amendment, any CD writing software will copy MP3 files to Cd's. There is no special format for this as the files just go on as any other data would. What fred might be referring to is copying MP3 files to a CDAudio format e.g. your standard CD that works in any CD player, in this case the burner has to convert the .mp3 format back to .wav for the Audio CD format.

When burning MP3's onto CD the only requirement really is that the playback device supports MP3's.

And yes about 200 songs per cd is accurate, however the mp3 file size depends on the sampling rate used when converted (from original .wav) originally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wondering? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought Proactiv Solution for my acne... I was wondering if anyone here uses or ever used this product and did it really improve the acne on your skin? So far it's been a week and a half using it, it has made my skin a lot more softer and I do notice a little clearing of my face but I...

Wondering [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Everyone. First, I Want To Say That My Significant Other & I Are Wonderful. So I Have A Questions For The Experts. On 2/17/06, My Husband & I Made Love & A Week Prior To That Was My Ovulation Time. So Because We Are Married Sometimes My Husband And Are Choose To Have Sex Unprotected. So He...

Wondering [ 1 Answers ]

I had my period about two weeks ago and it was a normal period. Then a few days after I started to have a pinkish discharge it lasted a few days not enough for a pad so I was wondering could this mean I might be pregnant?

I'm wondering how far is to far? [ 1 Answers ]

Well I am a 38 y/o lady and it seem that life is becoming almost to much to bear I'm no good at anything I do any more I have icolated myself for many years and I have contact with no one unless I need to I'm disabled and no one seems to understand enough is enough as far as that goes. My children...

View more questions Search