Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    down2earth411 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2007, 08:03 AM
    1993 Honda Civic
    I have a 93 Honda Civic LX Automatic. The car does not accelerate past 60mph, it feels like it's losing power. I replaced the fuel filter, air filter, and spark plugs. Any advice will be appreciated.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2007, 08:29 AM
    . Check engine compression--you may have a blown head gasket or leaking valves.
    . Check for clogged catalytic converter.
    . Check for vacuum leaks.
    . Replace Ignition Control Module, coil, rotor, and distributor cap.
    . Check spark plug wire resistance.
    . Add fuel injector cleaner.
    . Check engine timing.
    . Change transmission fluid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 honda civic headlight switch [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace a headlight switch in a 1993 honda civic? :confused:

ECU input to Igniter (ICM) on 1993 Honda Civic DPFI [ 0 Answers ]

How do you measure the input from the ECU to the ignitor (ICM) (YEL/GRN wire)?? This input tells the ignitor when to ground the -ve side of the primary coil. My multimeter registers a non zero small voltage when cranking, but since the response is very low on my meter, I don't think I'm...

1993 Honda Civic Alarm Shutdown [ 1 Answers ]

My brother bought a 1993 Honda Civic and his car won't start, because the alarm systems shut down. The sunroof doesn't open, and the car won't start. The system functions are stuck. What to do?

1993 civic [ 1 Answers ]

Starts up cold... runs then after gets warm it jerks down the street an shuts off,will start up again only if you turn the key on off repeatly with a pedal Idle OK,but when you accelerate it stalls(rpm needle race up an down)firestone checked the code an said it didn't read any... but they...

1993 Civic DX Won't Start [ 4 Answers ]

Even after reading all the postings on not starting, I still have my own! Here's where I'm at: - Started in the morning to go to work and it died after about 5 seconds of running - The engine continues to turn over freely, but does not run - The engine does get gas (as evident by smell and on...

View more questions Search