Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sophie21 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2007, 10:09 PM
    Brown discharge instead of blood
    I had sex about 2 weeks ago and we used a condom and I'm on birth control. I was supposed to be getting my period this week but all it has been is brown discharge with some occasional blood mixed in. could I be pregnant? And if not what is going on. This isn't normal for me
    VshowsRM Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

May 25, 2007, 11:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sophie21
    i had sex about 2 weeks ago and we used a condom and im on birth control. i was supposed to be getting my period this week but all it has been is brown discharge with some occasional blood mixed in. could i be pregnant? and if not what is going on. this isnt normal for me
    When ever I a not sure, the first thing I do is buy an EPT. That way, I know and I am not left wondering? But my friend actually is currently having the same dilemna. Good luck.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

May 26, 2007, 01:14 AM
    i had sex about 2 weeks ago and we used a condom and im on birth control. i was supposed to be getting my period this week but all it has been is brown discharge with some occasional blood mixed in. could i be pregnant? and if not what is going on. this isnt normal for me
    Very common is the brown discharge may be old blood. You may have been pregnant and your body aborted and the build up is now leaving your system. Were you even a little late? Is it heavy? I know that it is fairly common to have brown discharge, but not in full long term place of a period. This is Y you need to see a doctor soon. There could be a number of things causing this and you don't need advice from this site. Call your local health link provider and ask them. Or book an appt withyour gyno. Good luck.

May 26, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Could stress and change of environment be what's causing my abnormal period. My boyfriend thinks its because I moved home from school, got sick, our friend died, and I started a new job all in the same 2-3 weeks time. I'm afraid to take a test because I'm afraid of the results

May 26, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Sophie 21... Well... If you take the test it would tell you that you are very likely NOT pregnant. And if it say's you carry the pregnancy hormone it may be a false alarm because YOU MAY HAVE BEEN PREGNANT. Your body has a hard time sustaining a fetus when your cervix is open and releasing brown or red discharge. If you are spotting it would be more likely pregnancy is your state and it could be a success to full term. When you are having a serious amount of discharge... DARK. Your body has aborted or it is something else, and that is where seeking professional medical help comes into play. There are a lot of female gynecologist's out there that know so much on this subject, and you never know for sure unless you are examined.

May 30, 2007, 08:58 AM
    I took a pregnancy test 2 days ago and it was negative. I still haven't gotten my period and its about a week late. I tried making a doctors appointment but they won't take me until July. What do I do? I'm still worried something is wrong

May 30, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Are you still having a problem with the discharge? That is one seriously messed up health care system! July? Where are you? I'm in Canada and you can go to a walk in clinic any time of the day everyday. Must be American?

May 30, 2007, 09:29 AM
    This site has a lot of girls in the same situation as you, you can look around and see that this is such a common problem. Now, I'm not saying that there is nothing to worry about If you used a condom and the pill, you shouldn't be pregnant. But anything is possible.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 04:47 PM
    How long have you been on the pill? Are you good about taking it? This has happened to me before, where it just takes a few days for "the flow" to really come. I wonder if it might be because of the buildup of hormones in our bodies, or something related to the pill. If your test was negative, I would relax a little. If there isn't any pain or weird smell, etc associated, I really wouldn't worry too much. Our bodies are weird, and when we start adding hormones to them they get weirder. If you aren't having any other pregnancy symptoms, then I'd calm down a lot! :)

Will your doctor's office not give you advice over the phone since it's taking so long to get an appointment?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Quinn
    Are you still having a problem with the discharge? That is one seriously messed up health care system! July? Where are you? I'm in Canada and you can go to a walk in clinic any time of the day everyday. Must be American?

I know where I live there are what's called "urgent care center" it's not an emergency room, but a walk in doctors office, first come first serve and they are available for all your urgent non emergency needs.
    ncgirl_21 Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

May 31, 2007, 08:02 AM
    I've done this before and then my period came a few days later but if you are real stressed like it sounds you are and your worrying about your period it will make it late.
    So just try to calm down relax and take a deep breath and it will start when you quit stressing and worrying about it.
    tiffandsam14 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 31, 2007, 08:07 AM
    If you have been having this problem for about 2 weeks, try going to a walk-in clinic. It could be just a side affect from the birth control pill. If this doesn't go away even after going to a walk in clinic, go see your REAL doctor.
    millygirl09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 04:19 PM
    ii have been having the same problem, ii have missed two pariods and there has just been brown discharge, ii did a test a couple of weeks ago and it was negative, ii have been to the doctors and my gp said that there is nothing to worry about but if ii get eny more pregnancy symptoms then I'm defo pregnant x x
    Anonymous KB Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 07:34 PM
    I have the brown discharge and I am concerned also. I am on the nuvaring and I never use condoms with my husband. I'm worried about why I'm having this brown discharge... Can anyone help me?
    Anonymous KB Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 07:37 PM

I am having the brown discharge also and am worried. I am on the nuvaring and I never use condoms with my husband. I don't know what the brown discharge means... Can someone help me?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding Dark Brown Blood [ 9 Answers ]

Just Found Out Am Pregnant And Been Bleeding Since Oct. 15 Only When I Urine And During Bowel Movement And Sometimes Need To Wear A Tampon What Does This Mean?? Help Please Is It A Miscarige Or Implatation Bleeding

Late period, brownish blood/discharge [ 1 Answers ]

My period is about 3 days late and today I started to get some brownish discharge or blood it kind of looks like the end of my period. I'm not sure what going on. Does anyone know?

Brown blood on and off for the past three months! [ 2 Answers ]

Since October I've been bleeding on and off and its January now. I've alwayz had an irregular period and until October I hadn't had it for almost 6 months. It goes away for a few days and then returns. It's not heavy flow, I don't even have to wear anything. Im just worried, and it's a real pain to...

Menstration contains brown blood [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 40 year old woman and 4 months ago I noticed that towards the end of my period the blood would be dark brown. Actually the blood during the period all seems a little bit darker, but definitely after the first 2 or 3 days it is dark brown. I am on schedule and have no other differences to my...

Brown blood [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I started my cycle on Tuesday and it was redish in color A day later it was brown color. I have lower back pains but not bad pains. What could this be from?

View more questions Search