Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dirtdobin2005 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Land destruction
    Hello I think I just destroyed about two acres of land. It was wet and low field on my property and stayed mushy , I was given about 5000,00 yards of undercut from a contractor which looked good piled up and dry. This has allot of gray gumbo in it, I have a d6 doser here that has a hard time pushing it. The land wouldn't perk any way but I think I might have destroyed it in other ways too. Like putting a shop on it and growing grass . What will happen if I lay a slab of concrete and erect a 60 by 60 shop on it, any? Thanks. Joe
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Not to get you in a panic. But, by the description of the land that you covered, it sounds like it was a wetland. I don't know if there are any laws in place where you live to protect wetlands, but I would suggest that you find out.

Any change by man done to the natural, physical state of land that has been changed by the normal processes of nature is going to have an effect on the ecosystem.

Sounds like the soil that you put over the land may not have very good properties for water absorption. Water has to go somewhere. If this land is near a river, then there could be problems with flooding.
    dirtdobin2005 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 09:00 PM
    No its not wet lands wasn't ever declared as such just was poorly drained and was sharply sloped and got allot of run off from some a hill
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Then, maybe what you have done has made the land higher so there would not be a problem with flooding where you are going to be building. But, the water still has to go somewhere. So, I hope that you are installing some type of sewer system for the water that will want to collect somewhere.

The soil that you have brought in sounds like it is really compacted. How about amending it with some gypsum to make for less compaction. This would also be something to help aerate the soil so that things might grow on it better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nuisance and destruction [ 1 Answers ]

I really need some advice because I am having quite a problem that is really irritating me. I moved into my apartment in June of last year. When I moved in my next door neighbors came over to introduce themselves. They were really nice and had three children. They have lived here for four years and...

Land Rent [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is Melissa Last year my husband and I about are first home but we don't own the land it's on . When we first moved in we paid $280 for the land a month that inclued the taxes and the water. Then after a month or so the land went to $310 a month then then to $232.49 and so this has...

Just Land [ 1 Answers ]

Where Can I Find Out About Buying Just Land From The Government.anywhere In The Usa Thank You

What can I do on my own land? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. I have a piece of property zoned commercial (highway frontage 2). I no longer have a business license, but I sometimes would like to throw community concerts and private parties on my land. Do I need a business license for this even if I am not making money or am...

Growing the new land [ 2 Answers ]

Dear I have a land and I want to plant it. I would like to gudie me through these question 1- what is the best kind of vegetables or fruites can I do? 2- what is the cost ? 3- which kind of vegetables or fruites that will give a huge quantity ? Thanks for helping

View more questions Search