Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

Apr 5, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Passing a UA alcohol test on probation
    If I have a few drinks tonight can I still pass a alcohol urine on Monday? I don't know if the probation departments just check the level of alcohol in urine,( can detect alcohol up to 24 hours) or if they do a more extensive test that can detect alcohol for up to five days. Has anyone heard or know anything about it? I'd love to have a drink with my husband tonight... does anyone know anything that might help me at all? I was charged with prescription fraud, I know they test me for everything... including alcohol but I was hoping I could still have a drink occasionally. I can't asked my probation officer how extensive of a alcohol urine is done.. but if anyone knows anything at all... I'd appreciate some in put.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 05:53 PM
    Let me see, so you are saying that even though your terms of probation was not to drink, you ar willing to have your probation violated just to have that drink, So have a coke with him? Better yet, get hubby to also have a coke when you go out.

What you are saying is you want to drink so bad you are willing to risk going to jail for it??

Think about it, and yes if they do certain tests it will show up, just depends on your department which test they will do.
    -

Apr 5, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Nope, not what I said... my terms of supervision says nothing about alcohol consumption, I just happened to see that they were checking me for alcohol in my urine along with everything else. I just wasn't sure if the probation departments were testing for EtG. I want to know if they do. I would like to have a drink on occasion if I COULD but there isn't anything I want bad enough to go to jail for...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2007, 06:23 PM
    Hello again, Tessy:

Alcohol turns to sugar a couple hours after consumption. If you drank in the evening, it wouldn't show in your urine the next day.

excon
    -

Apr 5, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tessy777
    If I have a few drinks tonight can I still pass a alcohol urine on Monday? I don't know if the probation departments just check the level of alcohol in urine,( can detect alcohol up to 24 hours) or if they do a more extensive test that can detect alcohol for up to five days. Has anyone heard or know anything about it? I'd love to have a drink with my husband tonight.....does anyone know anything that might help me at all? I was charged with prescription fraud, i know they test me for everything....including alcohol but I was hoping i could still have a drink occassionally. I can't asked my probation officer how extensive of a alcohol urine is done ..but if anyone knows anything at all...i'd appreciate some in put.
    Hello again Mr. Excon,

I know... I'm driving myself crazy wondering if I can have a drink (and I don't even like alcohol that much). I'm sure I could have one and be fine, but I am too chicken to try... and because I don't think I should... I want too! I'm screwed up... which explains why I am on probation in the first place... lol. Thanks!
    bobo1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 11:01 PM
    If I have a few drinks tonight can I still pass a alcohol urine on Monday? I don't know if the probation departments just check the level of alcohol in urine,( can detect alcohol up to 24 hours) or if they do a more extensive test that can detect alcohol for up to five days. Has anyone heard or know anything about it? I'd love to have a drink with my husband tonight.....does anyone know anything that might help me at all? I was charged with prescription fraud, i know they test me for everything....including alcohol but I was hoping i could still have a drink occassionally. I can't asked my probation officer how extensive of a alcohol urine is done ..but if anyone knows anything at all...i'd appreciate some in put.
    Hi there,
    Did you end-up having the drinks prior to the urine testing? I am facing the same dillema!
    -

Jun 24, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Yep... so far so good. I just make sure I have had nothing the day before the test.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2007, 05:35 PM
    Is one of the conditions of your probation not to drink? If so, then don't do it. Trying to beat the system will only cause more problems for you. Remember, any probation violation could get you sent to jail. Then you won't be spending any time with you husband at all.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2008, 06:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by IamHuman
    It's not as if she's wanting to score some crack in a dark alley....she wants to have a drink with her husband! Sounds pretty normal to me. You never know why someone could be on probation or if they even deserve to be...maybe try not to so quickly judge and put yourself in someone else's shoes that is probably trying to live a good and decent life while having every move they make monitored. By the way, many of our "honorable and law abiding" officers of the law (including probation officers) are some of the worst offenders and abusers of the system since they know their way around it. Maybe you should try to slip down from your saddle on that high horse of yours and look around see things look down her--sometimes gray, not alway black and white.

Whoa - way out of line here. The OP - just like you - is trying to get around the terms of probation - in her case, alcohol; in your case "borrowed" drugs and it's a legal board.

I realize you think wanting to have a drink with her husband sounds normal to you; unfortunately, when it could be violating probation it does not sound normal to some other people on this - the legal - Board.
    LolaL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Hi, have you found anything out about passing a UA on probation after consuming alcohol? I had been drinking 36 hrs prior to my test this a.m.
    vanzepplin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 03:19 PM
    I'm knew to this sight
    Same question as you
    I know that instead of testing me for ethenol (the 24 hour type),, I instead was tested for ethelgluta? something? The surgar tha alcohol makes,, I do know my clean and sober house can trace alcohol back 88 hours (3 and a 1/2 days):o
    panopoulos Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 10:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaL View Post
    Hi, have you found anything out about passing a UA on probation after consuming alcohol? I had been drinking 36 hrs prior to my test this a.m.
    From what I've read ETG can be detected in urine up to 80 hrs after consumption. Other sites have said alcohol could show up from 1-6 days after. I drank a bottle of champagne and it will be 84 hours after that I will be tested. I'm staying up all night drinking water & coffee; coffee because caffeine is a diuretic & will cause you to pee. I'm hoping that I pass. I'm mad at myself for screwing up; don't plan on it again. Will let you know what happens.
    panopoulos Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 11:22 PM

Re: ETG test. I found a ver helpful article! Sensitivity of commercial ETG testing (Oxford Journals). Helped lower my anxiety of being tested. Hope this helps.
    Hiddenfire79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Mar 23, 2009, 12:13 PM

Man.. . It bugs me when a "Holier than thou" comes along and the simple answer is to STOP doing it, well we are not stopping doing it so we are looking for answers dang it!

I am on DOC and I will tell you NOW what I thought, "Sure the EtG test must be more complex and expensive, our state won't spend millions every year just for a little 'test' would they?"

Well I will tell you NOW, they sure the heck WILL
    . I even maxxed out the supposed maximum time for detection of 80 hours and STILL came up dirty for alcohol and sat in jail for 30 days because of it. So for my little $6.50 vodka seven I get to hand the "Holier than Thou's" out there a HEFTY tax bill, so maybe next time you will help without being such a THOU! (Sorry tax payers who helped, I didn't want to charge you!
    ccs714 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

May 7, 2009, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci View Post
    Is one of the conditions of your probation not to drink? If so, then don't do it. Trying to beat the system will only cause more problems for you. Remember, any probation violation could get you sent to jail. Then you won't be spending any time with you husband at all.
    The person was not asking a question about your morality stance, or your idea of common sense. Get with the program!
    Carl
    Sunflowers Posts: 218, Reputation: 23

May 7, 2009, 04:09 PM

Try this link for the information you are looking for

80 Hour Test for Alcohol
    Uber Member

May 7, 2009, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
    Try this link for the information you are looking for

80 Hour Test for Alcohol

This does not answer the question, which is "how does a person use and pass." Good info but does not address the question and this is a legal board.

May 7, 2009, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    This does not answer the question, which is "how does a person use and pass." Good info but does not address the question and this is a legal board.
    What?? Where? "If I have a few drinks tonight can I still pass a alcohol urine on Monday?"

May 7, 2009, 05:24 PM

JudyKayTee, I didn't get that impression at all from the OP. From what I understand she is on probation for prescription fraud and has to have a UA test on Monday. The UA test includes testing for alcohol along with everything else. Since she was not told specifically that she cannot drink alcohol and alcohol is legal, and her crime did not involve alcohol abuse (but did involve drug abuse), I was thinking along the line that she probably is permitted to drink so long as she is not drinking excessively. She knows alcohol is on the test, but she does not know how the alcohol test is done or WHY or even IF it is going to be done for sure. That is how I see the question. Not as a question of how she can get over on the system.
    Uber Member

May 7, 2009, 05:27 PM

The question is: "If I have a few drinks tonight can I still pass a alcohol urine on Monday?" You don't TAKE a urine test unless someone has told you not to drink. For whatever reason she cannot ask her PO - if you aren't told NOT to drink, you ask the question.

I see it as an attempt to drink and pass the test and I've worked in "the system" for a long time.

We obviously don't agree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Alcohol and hair test [ 10 Answers ]

Does alcohol show up in a hair test? And does it also show up ina urine test ifyou were to drink right before you peed?

Has anyone trusted carbo drinks for passing a urine test for t.h.c. [ 52 Answers ]

Has anyone out there had success with them?

Passing Gas [ 1 Answers ]

I am suffering from the embarrassment of passing gas a lot. I have tried the over the counter drugs like gas x and beano and even cut way down on my dairy products. I even ask my doctor about this and he seems to think it is in my diet. The order and smell is unbearable. I don't know what to do....

Passing over [ 8 Answers ]

My brother passed over, nearly 12 years ago from a heart condition, it was very quick and painless by all accounts, when I'm feeling sad or lonely I talk to my brother and feel he is answering me, what I would like to know is,if this is actually happening or is my imagination running away with me?

F1 to H1 passing substantial pres. Test plus married [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Thanks for providing insightful information at the site. Though, I am not sure about my exact situation. Here it goes: I was on F1 until May 2005 in Massachusetts and then moved to California for work on H1B (thus passing the subs. Presence test). Besides, I got married in Dec 2005 in US to...

View more questions Search