Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freddnice Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2010, 11:59 AM
    Placing a bid on Stripping and waxing
    I am bidding on a stripping and waxing job of 4500 sq ft of vct. I am looking at about $500.00 in supply cost mostly wax. How do I incorporate the cost of wax into the price. We are coming in at .30 pe sq ft which is $1,342.80 but the $500 in supplies will cut into that substantially.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 23, 2010, 12:47 PM

How much profit do you presently have in that $1,342.00? Percentage and actual dollars?

Have you included all your costs: admin, taxes, overhead, etc?

$0.30 per sq ft is competitive.

Another question (#3) how much old wax is on the floor to strip? If there is a lot say 8 - 10 coats it will take longer to strip properly.

Let me know and we can move forward.

Stringer
    freddnice Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2010, 12:58 PM
    Comment on Stringer's post
    There is 2 of us so that $1,342.00 is split 50/50 minus the cost of materials. I have included taxes. The floor has virtually no wax on it because it has not been done in 3 years. It is a warehouse environment, high traffic with blk smuck from whse.
    Business Expert

Nov 23, 2010, 01:07 PM

Warehouse, so it is mostly open areas.

First you realize that this is just a suggestion, pricing is always your decision.

I would add the $500.00 to the $1,350.00 and make your bid $1,800.00 even (rounding). It should take you about 8 to 9 hours to complete if you correlate your work: both start stripping areas using two strippers, then one goes back to add the coats of finish then when drying goes back to stripping also.

Stringer
    cransom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 05:46 AM
    I just spent 6 hours doing 1000 sqft. We really had very little knowledge and had the hardest time getting someone do the job for us, or even teach me. We only cleaned and buffed the floor. We had one machine and wasted time because we didn't know that once we clean a spot we had to wipe it up, I forgot you could not let it dry... once we wet the spot it did come up with the machine. We also went in a side by side pattern and it looked like we had lines on the floor. When we moved the machine back and fourth it was faster and proved to look better. Love this site and so glad I found it!
    Business Expert

Feb 21, 2011, 06:55 AM

I wasn't aware that you had no experience in stripping and refinishing hard floors, another reason why I ask a lot of questions usually. Yes, strip, clean, let dry, apply one coat, let dry, apply second coat, dry, etc...

When using the machine you have to overlap to avoid lines.

If there is not excessive amounts of old wax on the VCT you should be able to complete 250 sq ft per hour.

Stringer
    plant manger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2012, 06:28 PM
    I work in the janitorial field,I will like to get some jobs and stripping and waxing What are some ways that I can find jobs are company that are looking for their floor to be done
    Business Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 09:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by plant manger View Post
    I work in the janitorial field,I will like to get some jobs and stripping and waxing What are some ways that i can find jobs are company that are looking for thier floor to be done
    Please start your own thread as this is someone else's.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Waxing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am wanting to get my first brazilian wax because shaving sucks. I get razor bumps and the smoothness only lasts about 2 days. I don't know anyone who gets it done so I have no recommendations. Were is a highly professional place that does it in Edmonton, Alberta? Also is there anything that I...

I want to bid on commercial cleaning job 284000 sq ft should I bid per sq or per hour [ 5 Answers ]

I have the oppurtunity to bid a pretty big commercial cleaning job 296 offices, 59 bath rooms15 kitchens 32 waiting areas. What is the best way to bid this job.

Price on stripping and waxing [ 0 Answers ]

I have 21,000 sq. ft. to strip and wax with 4 workers and I need price for the job. Can anybody help me out?

How to price a bid on a job stripping, waxing & buffing floor [ 4 Answers ]

I'm starting to work with a commercial cleaning company that has been dong subcontracting cleaning work for years. We want to submit our own bids for cleaning but do not know how to price a bid. Right now we would like help for bidding on a job stripping, waxing and buffing about 3000 sq ft once a...

How Much to Charge for Stripping and Waxing a Floor? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a start up cleaning company and I am wondering how much should I charge for stripping and waxing a floor at a day care center of about 3000 sq ft? Thank you for your time

View more questions Search