Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shirl51 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2012, 01:02 PM
    Toilet Bowl Flushing making loud noises
    Started when we had a clog and we used a plunger to unstop it. Few weeks later when you flush and the water goes down the drain sounds very loud like a water going through a tunnel. Kind of like a frieght train. The house was built in 1993 on slab here in Florida. This just started a couple of weeks ago. No backing up no noise from the water tank just when the water goes down the drain.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 19, 2012, 02:08 PM
    Greetings from Sarasota, Are there any bubbles after you flush? Do you have a closet auger,(see image)? What's the tank level? Can you lower it down a bit so there's not so much volume going into the bowl? Back to you, Tom
    Attached Images

Mar 20, 2012, 05:26 AM
    Thank you for getting back to me so fast. There are no bubbles after the flush and I do not have a closet auger (although I can pick up one at Home depot). Do you think there is a stoppage somewhere in the piping? The tank level is full and will try to lower it tonight when I get home. I guess that means to try not to full the tank up so high? I am trying to attach a video of the tank flushing the heavy breathing is my dog lying next to the toilet sorry.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid7.photobucket.com% 2Falbums%2Fy276%2Fshirl51%2Ftoilet.mp4">

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/shirl51/?action=view&current=toilet.mp4

Eternal Plumber

Mar 20, 2012, 06:00 AM
    What's different about the sound it makes now compared to the sound it used to make? I asked about the toilet auger because it's better then a plunger. A toilet auger can auger into a solid clog and bringh it back where a plunger can't. Back to you, Tom

Mar 20, 2012, 08:28 AM
    The sound before was more quieter like normal toilets. You flush water goes down and that's it. Now its like glug glug through the pipes. I can definite hear a difference through the walls.

Mar 20, 2012, 08:29 AM
    I should probably say sounds like tornado going through the walls. Much louder than normal.
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 20, 2012, 08:32 AM
    Purchase a closet auger and auger the bowl. There may be something down there that's disturbing the flush. Let me know how you make out. Good luck, Tom

Mar 21, 2012, 04:04 AM
    Hi When I went home last night I was in this bathroom and my husband in the other one way down the hall. He had flushed the toilet and I heard the rumbling again in my bathroom behind the walls. So I am thinking its not the toilet at all. Any suggestions what it could be?
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 21, 2012, 06:20 AM
    Any suggestions what it could be?
    This is just a guess. I suggested a closet auger because I thought there might be something in the bowl that disturbed the water as it drained past. Now I'm wondering if it isn't farther on down the line in your pipes. You could pull the closet toilet nearest to where you heard the "rumble" and send a sewer snake down the open toilet hole. My gut tells me there's something caught up down there. Let me know what you find. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pipes behind toilet making loud continuous banging & rattling after flushing [ 5 Answers ]

After taking a quick 4 day trip to Ottawa, I came home to find that my toilet had started to make extremely loud banging and rattling noise after it's been flushed and almost filled. It started after it was filled at first and now has progressed to where the tank only has to be filled halfway to...

A/C blower motor making loud noises [ 1 Answers ]

Replaced blower motor seem to be working fine set capacitor in compartment without securing it? Could this be the problem to the noisy blower motor?

GE Clothes Dryer is making loud squeking noises [ 1 Answers ]

The dryer makes a loud squeking noises while running. What can I do to fix it? Maybe replace the belts? I don't know. Thanks for the help. Marc

Toilet flushing noises [ 3 Answers ]

When we flush the cellar toilet, there is a long (20 sec. or so) rumbling sound. It sounds like it is coming from the pipes and can be heard through-out the house. If we run the sink in the bathroom at the same time as flushing, the noise doesn't happen. But, if we turn the sink faucet off too...

Heat pump out door fan making intermittent loud noises [ 1 Answers ]

My heat pump fan blade sounds like it is hitting chunks of ice and makes a loud noise every 30-60 seconds. There is ice on the outside of the unit. I changed the internal air filter last week. There is an ice/freezing rain storm outside. I have turned the unit off to stop it from damaging itself. ...

View more questions Search