Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ctown05 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 07:44 PM
    My 1 year old has rectal temp of 101.9
    Should I take her in to the Er now or wait till the dr office opens in the morning. I've given her tylenol and it hasn't gone down
    Rachelrang Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Mar 11, 2012, 07:45 PM
    Hospital now 101 is high for a one year old

Mar 11, 2012, 08:08 PM
    I hope she's okay
    thelionking12 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Mar 11, 2012, 08:15 PM
    I agree with the answer above from Rachelrang - Medical help NOW !

For general information see NHS UK website from which the following should be helpful :-

What's a normal temperature?
    A normal temperature is around 37C (98.6F), although it depends on:
    The person
    Their age
    What they've been doing
    The time of day
    Which part of the body you take the temperature from.

A fever (high temperature) is a temperature of 38C (100.4F) or over.
    However, in children under five, a fever is a temperature of over 37.5C (99.5F).

What is a fever (high temperature) in children?
    It depends on the child's age:
    In children under five, a fever (high temperature) is a temperature over 37.5C (99.5F)
    In children five and over, a fever is a temperature of 38C (100.4F) or over
    ctown05 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 08:16 PM
    Thank you, I called the hospital and they suggested more tylenol and water first to attempt to get it down first

Mar 11, 2012, 08:21 PM
    What often works with my godson to get his temp down a bit is I get him in only his nappy and I wrap him up in a thinish blanket he always cools down a bit but that might just be him

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5 year old Carrier furnace kicks on for 10 seconds then off, well below set temp. [ 3 Answers ]

My Carrier furnace keeps kicking on and then off in 10 second intervals but is NOT maintaining the thermostat's temp. The Thermostat is brand new. There are 2 furnaces in the house, same make of furnace, different thermostats and BOTH thermostats are way below their temps. The furnaces worked...

My sister and I have had POA for our 101 year old Mother for 17 years. [ 7 Answers ]

She was very tight and frugal. We have always cared for her and never expected anything in Return. Recently she has gone into a nursing home. We cashed in her CD's and split up $90,000 and put it in CD's in each of our names. We have been paying her nursing home Bill out of her checking...

Rectal bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a significant amount of bright red blood when I go to the bathroom... it literally continues come out enough that I have to sit awhile until it has subsided and this morning was a very great amount of blood in the water. Please tell me what this is an indication of and what's do I...

Rectal bleeding? [ 4 Answers ]

I am bleeding a lot from my rectum, there's no pain with it just bleeding. When I pee or have a bowel movement I bleed a lot and then when I stand up it's bright red and it drips out . Can you help me figure out what's wrong?

Rectal prolapses [ 9 Answers ]

I have done some internet research on rectal prolapses but haven't found what I need. Does anyone know much about this condition? What exactly are the symptoms? I don't know if I have something protruding from the rectum... it seems more like the skin is just loose and not puckered in at the top of...

View more questions Search