Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjonesheat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 10:44 AM
    What should I check if liquid line is cold and suction line is warm?
    The unit was installed 3 years ago. It was never started until now. I have changed the filter dryer, vacumed, and I opened the txv inside the cased coil. I have sucked the refrigerant back, and vacumed 3-4 times, but the liquid line stays cold and the suction line stays warm. I do know the compressor is on. I just don't know what to check next.
    tjonesheat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 10:47 AM

After sucking freon back into unit, and vacuming 3-4 times, and checking the txv in cased coil. The compressor is on and running, but the liquid line is still cold and the suction lines is warm. What should I try next?
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Aug 2, 2010, 08:43 PM

What are the readings on your gauges? You have gauges hooked up right your high side head pressure is how you know if you have the proper charge.
    mrfrosty Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2012, 09:40 AM
    If you have a heat pump unit it, maybe the reverse valve is stuck on heat, reversing the process.Tap it lightly with the butt of a screw driver and put the thermostat on cool.That maybe the problem.
    shiva roopchan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2012, 01:08 PM
    Where is the liquid line located on the condenser?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

R410 mini split has cold liquid line [ 10 Answers ]

I have a R410 mini split. Flare fitting leaked so I pulled all the gas out and fixed the leak , Put it in a vacuum and weighed in the charge. Unit came on and cooled but liquid line was very cold. Suction pressure was about 120 and 37 degrees. Well I went away for awhile and came back later. Both...

My ac blows warm and the cool line from the ac unit is not getting cold [ 3 Answers ]

I have a central AC unit and inside my house its running fine so I went out side and the outside unit was running also but it was blowing cool air not warm. Then I checked the coolant line from the outside unit to the building and it is not getting cold at all?

New AC installation - should both liquid and suction line dryers be installed? [ 7 Answers ]

To make a long story short I've have a bad experience trying to get some repairs done to an existing aire-flow unit. $800 later I'm scrapping the unit. I've ordered (online) a new Rheem Classic 3 ton 13 seer condenser, coil and 100,000 BTU gas furnace. I am not going to try to install the unit...

R410 mini split has cold liquid line [ 1 Answers ]

Reply to aldermat. I did not take temperature of the liquid line but I can tell you when I felt it, it was cold or colder than the suction. But the suction pressure was close to being right on at 115# and 37 degrees. And the unit did blow cold air but only when the compresser ran.

Check for suction line leaks [ 1 Answers ]

My irrigation pump keeps losing its prime. How do I check for leaks in the suction line?

View more questions Search