Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stix26 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2012, 02:47 PM
    EtG Testing
    I am 33, female, 5'8, 175 lbs. If I cosume say 4-5 light beers in a 3 hour period ending at 8 pm on Friday night, will I pass an EtG by 4 pm on Monday? And what can I do to help pass? (if anything)
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 8, 2012, 03:08 PM
    You should be fine. Some folks believe exercise, eating big meals and some stuff like creatine will help lower you bac, those folks are mistaken.

Mar 8, 2012, 03:16 PM
    That's good, thank you. I actually meant consuming on Thursday night, so that's more in my favor

Mar 8, 2012, 03:24 PM
    You should read this just in case. EtG Test - Widely-Used EtG Test for Alcohol Unreliable ETG can be unreliable giving false positives and false negatives
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2012, 03:42 PM
    Glad I was a little tardy. Ballengerb is correct. It is unlikely that EtG would be detectable at the time span noted given amount consumed.

A little advice. If you are attempting to time consumption against this test... don't. It is indeed unreliable, (per ref from ballengerb), but that can flow in either direction.

NOTICE: Any person or entity that is subjected to or relies on EtG testing should read this Advisory issued by the US Department of Health and Human Services, September 2006 and remains in effect as of date of this posting. Available here > US DHHS SAMHSA

Mar 8, 2012, 04:05 PM
    Dr Bill, I just read an answer you submitted to another person that said if she had 2-3 glasses of wine it wouldn't register after the 80 hr mark. Is that the case here? If I assume my BAC is zero at 6 am on Friday (after 4-5 beers Thurs. night), then I would be over 80 hrs on Monday at 4pm... Thank you for your help!

Mar 8, 2012, 04:18 PM
    I hope I am not jumping to any conclusion and please excuse me if I am wrong but please don't use our info to help plan a way to continue to drink and beat the system. I have no clue why you are subjected to the ETG but somewhere someone thinks you need it.

Mar 8, 2012, 04:26 PM
    It's interesting to me all the different answers in similar situations. And I have read both articles that were suggested and it just doesn't sound to me as if this is reliable at all and it baffles me that this is actually used in courts, treatment programs, etc. to determine someone's consequences and lives. It sounds as though it has ruined more lives than it has helped. Just from what I am reading on it. For the record, I am writing a paper :)
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2012, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stix26 View Post
    ...it just doesn't sound to me as if this is reliable at all and it baffles me that this is actually used in courts, treatment programs, etc. to determine someone's consequences and lives. It sounds as though it has ruined more lives than it has helped. Just from what I am reading on it. For the record, I am writing a paper :)
    I can determine from the foregoing that you are literate and have read at least some of the existing peer reviewed literature. Regardless, your conclusions are seemingly correct.

Should you need reference to specific studies please advise. If it contains "EtG" I probably have them through this date and willing to share.

Mar 8, 2012, 05:22 PM
    Read this EtG - ethyl glucuronide test - 80 hour alcohol test its cost effective, that's why its picked. Only once the courts and other started to rely on EtG results was its questionable results brought to light.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EtG testing [ 2 Answers ]

Drank heavily last Friday night up until at least 130am last drink. Drank crown cokes and seagrams 7 and shot of choclate cake, which contains frangelico and vodka. Had a total of about 8-9 drinks possibley 10. Test wed morning. So about 5days n between with no drinking. Will I pass EtG? Drbill100...

EtG testing [ 1 Answers ]

Can Michigan Jams (drug/alcohol) testing facility give you a random EtG IF you were only sentenced to random PBTs? Would the court have to order this?

ETG testing... please help [ 6 Answers ]

I am hoping that Dr. Bill will be around to answer... I had a large glass of wine Sunday evening around 8 pm, will have possible ETG on Thursday am @ 10. I have read all I can and see different things up to 80 hours and 80-120 hours, I am looking at about 84 hours am I safe and before you say...

Alcohol testing EtG testing [ 4 Answers ]

I had a etg/alcohol test 10 days ago and had wine the evening prior? I have not heard back from the lab. Has anyone failed or passed with having alcohol in their system? Thank you. Really stressed and very stupid!!

View more questions Search