Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dstoll Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 04:12 AM
    Esophagus cancer
    I had esophaguc and had my esophagus removed and a 1/3 of my stomach remove and have heart stents too . I hold down a full time job but I am wornout all the time,is there any way I can retire
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 29, 2012, 07:04 AM
    The answer to "can you retire" depends on the level of income you can expect to receive in retirement (pension, Social Security, IRA and/or 401(k) distributions, other investment income), and your anticipated expenses, especially health care - do you qualify for Medicare or Medicaid, will you receive medical benefits from your employer in retirement, or will you have to carry your own medical policy? Work up a budget and see how much draw down from investements or retirement savings you might have to come up with each month. Do you have enough to cover through age 95 or so?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can you tell if you have any tpye of skin cancer to breast cancer? [ 3 Answers ]

I get this lumps that are painful. They are between my shoulders blades. There are cases were I pass out after feeling real hot. I suffer from unknow pain causes and It hurts to go to the bathroom. I also have trouble with sleeping I sometime go to bed early and when I wake up the next day I feel...

Barrett's Esophagus [ 0 Answers ]

I have recently been diagnosed with Barrett's . I have celiac disease. I am upset because I complained to medical professionals for a long time about right side pain. I believe the Barrett's could have been prevented if I had the right diagnosis and right meds. Is this true or will the...

What type of damage does gerd inflict on the esophagus [ 2 Answers ]

My Pulmonologist thinks gerd may be the reason for all the fluid in my lungs. What type of damage does gerd do to the esophagus and/or lungs?

Could it be cancer? [ 3 Answers ]

About a month ago, for some unknown reason my armpits became very itchy. I dismissed it as maybe just having razor burn or something. Then about a week ago, I noticed a lump in my left armpit and since then a couple more have popped up around it. Then just this morning, I felt a lump on my right...

Does he have cancer? [ 4 Answers ]

Something's always been different about my boyfriend and I've never understood what it was that was different about him until last night when he confided everything in me. Basically he told me that his health is affecting everything he does, and that he knows something's wrong. We fear that it is...

View more questions Search