Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mixerdude Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2012, 02:20 PM
    Can a stepfather sue the bio father for back child support in California
    I was married for 5 years to the mother. After we married the father stopped paying court ordered support. I repeatedly asked her to report him to the local child support service. This is in California. She never reported it. She was worried what the other daughter would be brought into it by the father. We have recently separated and are getting divorced, do I have the right to sue the biological father for the child support he didn`t pay during our marriage?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 20, 2012, 02:59 PM
    No you can't sue him for back child support. That belongs to the mother. But you can sue him for losses you incurred because he didn't pay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is bio father liable for child support? [ 23 Answers ]

I recently did paternity test on son and found out I am not the father. I did the paternity test because I found out wife was talking to first HS boyfriend behind my back. Turns out she had been doing this our entire marriage. Please, no comments on how stupid I was for not figuring this out - I...

Can a stepfather sue for past child support? [ 11 Answers ]

Can a stepfather bring a lawsuit against the child's natural father for non support if the child's mother is unable or unwilling to do so?

Can I sue my father for child support [ 9 Answers ]

I just found out who my father is and my mom never collected child support. I'm 26 now and I was wondering if we can go after any type of funds or back child support. My father is a multi-millionaire and has an amazingly successful career.

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

View more questions Search