Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laura4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2012, 06:19 PM
    My employer won't accept fit note from gp?
    Two weeks to heal, I have a breast infection, waiting for an ultrasound. I have great pain. I could not afford to go to the sick, because I'm afraid I get of stage. I work as a picker in a warehouse where lift heavy things. Doctor issued me a fit note which recommends not lifting difficult things. Thus the two weeks recommended light work. My work fit note was in my work ignored. On that day I lifted a very difficult case where it dawned on me very badly, it was coming ambulance because I was in very poor condition. My question is, is bound to the employer to ensure my light work? In my case was my fit note ignored and became my injury and what the consequences of all that I can draw? Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2012, 06:23 PM
    You did not say where you where located at. The rules on different countries vary.

In general, no they do not have to give you light duty, and you would have the option to send you home instead, and you had the option to go home if there was not light duty.

Also how was the note written, a suggestion of light duty is not a "order" for light duty.
    laura4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2012, 06:41 PM
    I'm in England, my doctor said that they should accept. Because I know of few people on my shift after returning from sick got an easy job. And it strikes me as little as discrimination.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debit Note Credit Note definition [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I want to know definition of Debit Noe, Credit Note.

Employer refused doctors note for my wife's hospitalization [ 4 Answers ]

The company I work for has a benfit in which they will pay me for up to 3 consecutive days when I miss work due to a family member's emergency hospitalization. To get this I have to provide proof of the hospitalization. When I came back to work I gave a dcotors note written on a prescription pad...

Supplier overcharge to us, so what we issue debit note or credit note to them? [ 1 Answers ]

Nice to be you member. I have one question: If supply over charge to us, do we need to issue debit note and credit note? Thanks your help, Regards, Sodany

To Accept or Not Accept a Gift [ 10 Answers ]

It's the Christmas season, so yesterday I spent the day making cookies which were then wrapped in a decorative tin that I gave to a male co-worker as a thank you for help done at work and for the occasional ride home from work. I was quite surprised when he handed me a little gift bag in return....

View more questions Search