Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pearl_mysty7 Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Feb 12, 2012, 08:25 PM
    Breastfeed baby
    Is it okay for my baby to be breastfeed by others while I'm working... She never liked a bottle
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 12, 2012, 09:09 PM
    Would you seriously consider letting other women breast feed your baby?
    mamaof2boys Posts: 220, Reputation: 25

Feb 12, 2012, 09:12 PM
    You have someone else willing to nurse your child?

Feb 12, 2012, 09:31 PM
    The wife of my husband's brother had a 2 month old daughter and their baby was allergic in her milk.. so she nurse my 7 month baby to ease her breast pain... while I'm having trouble with my baby I tried every bottle but she always refusing it.. so when my daughter is starving she was also fed by the wife of my husband brother.. it it okay? But I still nurse my baby after I got from work
    Expert

Feb 12, 2012, 09:36 PM
    I suppose it is okay depending on your culture. According to my culture it is not okay. I would feel very uncomfortable having my child at the breast of another woman.
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Feb 12, 2012, 09:38 PM
    I see nothing wrong with that. Wet nursing was very common especially in Europe.
    If you and your SIL are okay with it and she is healthy, why not?

Feb 12, 2012, 09:39 PM
    Will it affect my baby's health? Ma'am/sir j_9 I hope you could answer my question about my episiostmy
    Expert

Feb 12, 2012, 09:39 PM
    I feel that it is a very personal bonding time with mother and baby. Again, this is my culture.

Feb 12, 2012, 09:42 PM
    I really want to nurse my baby the whole time but I really got to work.. I also want her to learn to feed by bottle but she still refusing it

Feb 12, 2012, 09:43 PM
    I really respect your culture j_9.. if I don't have work I also want to nurse my baby alone.. I really misses her so much especially when I'm at work
    Expert

Feb 12, 2012, 09:44 PM
    Pearl, she won't go hungry. Feel free to pump your breast milk and put it in a bottle. She will learn how to take a bottle, but not over night. It will take some time, but don't be afraid that she will starve, she won't.

I will look at your thread about the episiotomy.
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Feb 12, 2012, 09:44 PM
    You might find this site helpful/informative/helpful:
    http://www.llli.org/llleaderweb/lv/lvjulaug95p53.html
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 12, 2012, 09:45 PM
    Mothers have had wet nurses for centuries. If you are comfortable with it, it would be valuable for both your baby and your husband's brother's wife.
    Expert

Feb 12, 2012, 09:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by taxesforaliens View Post
    You might find this site helpful/informative/helpful:
    LLLI | Wet Nursing and Cross Nursing
    As a nurse specializing in Labor, Delivery and newborn health, I have a serious problem with LLL. I also have a personal problem with them when they told me, no almost demanded, that I breast feed my youngest child. After I told them that I had had a bilateral radical mastectomy 6 years prior to his birth they told me that was no excuse NOT to breast feed... EXCUSE ME... I had no breasts to feed him with.

Feb 12, 2012, 09:51 PM
    j_9

I also tried to pump my milk in a bottle I let somebody to give it to her but it fails.. I also tried to give it to her while in breastfeed position but when she saw the bottle under my shirt she refuse to take it.. we starve her but nothing works we tried different bottles.. we also tried to feed her by spoon.. .

Expert

Feb 12, 2012, 09:52 PM
    Have you tried different nipples? I promise you she won't starve to death, it just takes time for her to adjust from the breast to the bottle.

Feb 12, 2012, 09:53 PM
    taxesforaliens

The site was not found...

Wondergirl

Thank you.. I think she's fine but I still wantg to find a way to feed her through a training cup or bottle

Feb 12, 2012, 09:54 PM
    Yes I tried.. I tried latex and silicone.. different brands before she drinks water from a bottle but now she only drinks a little..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 12, 2012, 09:56 PM
    She will start, find the one she seems to do best with and after several times,it will come.

Feb 12, 2012, 09:58 PM
    Before she was breastfeed she starve herself for hours.. for her to be able to refuse the bottle.. she sleep long hours.. when she wakes up she was so weak.. I feel guilty for my baby.. because she started to loose weight when I got to work

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it normal if breasts to leak if I don't breastfeed and my baby is 5 months old? [ 0 Answers ]

For the past week my breasts have been leaking milk, and I don't know why. I took a home pregnancy test and the results were negative. I was also in the emergency room for stomach pains and the routine pregnancy test they took was negative as well. I only breastfed my daughter for the first four...

How long due to cat breastfeed [ 1 Answers ]

How long can a cat breast feed

Distressed baby forgotten how to breastfeed [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Our 3 week old baby, Daniel, often sits at the breast as if he has forgotten how to breast feed. He keeps his mouth open, keeps looking around for the breast (even though it is already in his mouth) and doesn't latch on to it. Then he cries loudly and gets frustrated because he is not getting...

View more questions Search