Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jengen73 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 01:51 PM
    What's the difference between public and private contact when on parole?
    Ok, so my fiancˇ was sentenced to 60 days for his escape charges (in Vermont). His parole has been extended from April to August. I was told that I can visit him in jail and speak to him on the phone. However when he's released from jail I was told I can have "public" contact with him and speak with him on the phone, but I can't have "private" contact with him until he has completed 120 days of his program. He was originally arrested on domestic assault charges 3 years ago involving an old girlfriend. I know the difference between public and private but what do they consider public contact? Does that mean we can see each other if friends or other people are around or we are not alone? I don't want to get my fiancˇ in trouble in any way and I just want to cover all the bases. Thanks in advance for any advice!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2012, 04:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jengen73 View Post
    Does that mean we can see each other if friends or other people are around or we are not alone? I don't want to get my fiancˇ in trouble in any way and I just want to cover all the bases. Thanks in advance for any advice!
    Hello j:

I've never heard of such distinctions.. To ME, it sounds like a TRAP. I cannot imagine that seeing him in a restaurant is FINE, but seeing him in his own home is NOT... I think they Want to violate him...

excon
    jengen73 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2012, 07:51 AM
    Hi ex;
    I know, the whole thing is really bizarre! I'm not the victim of the domestic either it was someone else. We were living together when this happened, planning on getting married and now they are saying he can't live with me until he completes his program or max's out his parole! They won't even allow us to marry! The state of Vermont has some messed up rules!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court decisions re settlements, Public or Private [ 4 Answers ]

If someone sues a person, corporation, etc. And they win the case or it says diposed, how can A person find out what exactly the settlement was. Is this public information or private. Where can I find it. I already know how to check the court case by name and index number, But can't find the...

Public VS Private School? [ 11 Answers ]

Does anyone have anything important to say on this subject?

Private vs rights of the public [ 5 Answers ]

Along a scenic dr along a river. City owns the property and trees along this stretch and private owners cannot own this land They can have riparian rights and some do Private family which does not live along the river but on a side street off the river and least 3 houses west......

View more questions Search