Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    help2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 07:49 AM
    2000 dodge dakota
    Where is the crank shalf sensor located
    Tonyr1084 Posts: 18, Reputation: 7

Jan 9, 2012, 07:55 AM
    I am not the expert here, so anything I can say is only to be taken as passing advice. I believe it is located underneath the timing belt cover (if you have a timing belt). If not, it will likely be located on the engine block either at the front of the engine (fan and generator side) or the rear (near the bell housing and transmission). Look for wires in those areas.

Good luck.

")
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2012, 07:56 AM
    Look for a two-wire sensor on either the right or left side of the crankshaft pulley. I doubt that there's a cover over it on your Dakota. Look at what it looks like on AutoZone.com and use that to help you locate it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why won't my 2000 dodge dakota shift into overdrive? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 dodge dakota sport 3.9L! I had a new engine put in the truck and when I got it back I noticed that one of vacuum lines that run into the valve cover had been broke off. I started smelling fuel very bad as if it was getting flooded and I started getting very bad gas mileage. I still...

2000 dodge dakota idling rough [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 dodge dakota r/t. A few months ago I started having problems keeping the truck running right after I started it. Sometimes driving with feet on gas and brake to keep it from stalling. Now, when I start it, have to keep foot on gas for close to 10 minutes,afterwards when it is...

2000 Dodge Dakota Overdrive [ 6 Answers ]

This morning my 2000 dakota (2wd, 4.9L) suddenly jerked as I was traveling down the highway @ 50mph. It happened once more about 10 seconds later. Thinking I had a slug of bad fuel, I ran it up to 75 quickly, hen backed off. As I decelerated to 55, it jerked once more and the yellow "check engine"...

2000 Dodge Dakota [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota . The High beam lights work as well as the indicator also the daytime running/ fog lights work but I have no LOW BEAM lights. Anyone have an idea about the wiring diagram or relays. Thanks... Rick...

View more questions Search