Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swetha1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 09:06 AM
    Need to lose 33 lbs in 2 months
    Hi all, My weight is 175 lbs and my height is 5.5 inches I want lose 33 lbs in 2 months. Please help me by giving some suggestions.
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Jan 8, 2012, 10:47 AM
    First, that is not a very safe weight-loss goal. Tone it down a notch. I imagine you have some reason for wanting to make such a drastic change so quickly, but see if you can't rethink it. The safest level of weight loss is 2 pounds per week. That's 24 pounds in 3 months, assuming you don't gain any back in the interim. Will that do? Are you really aiming for 33 pounds or for a specific dress size? If you're looking to lose inches more than pounds, then exercise is really the best bet. You can shave two or three inches off the necessary body parts in a very short time with just a small amount of toning work. Yoga is pretty painless and works like a charm to nip your waist and other spots.

I'm going to suggest that you try going to www.webmd.com. Sign up for a free membership, then go to the choices at the top of your page and find the place where you can log your food and exercise. There's a wonderful utility there where you input your current weight, your goal (which the program translates in to how many calories you can eat per day), and every single piece of food that goes into your mouth every day. EVERY piece. No cheating. It totals up not just the calories, but also the sodium, saturated fat, sugar, and so on and gives you a "you can still have X number of calories today" running total. After a while you start to glare at the 25 calorie Hershey's Kiss that's going to make you miss an entire serving of veggies at dinner to make up for it. LOL

Believe me when I say it saved my life! I wasn't horribly overweight, just a little "fluffy", but my doctor gave me 3 months to get my cholesterol and blood sugar under control before he would put me on the dreaded, side-effect laden meds to do it for me. It was a tough first couple of weeks! I do love to eat and I'm a foodie. Portion control is really key. When you actually see how big a serving of something should really be (memorize the size of a pack of cards... you'll need that reference point), you'll be shocked. But once you get past the initial break-in period, this regimen sticks like glue. I wasn't trying to lose weight, yet I dropped 15 pounds without doing anything more than this. No additional workouts. No starvation dieting.

I wish you luck!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2012, 10:57 AM
    You will not lose that much weight in 2 months, even if you did, it would not be the right weight loss and cause you more harm.

Start by looking at your age and where you are in growth process. Look at your diet, a good balanced diet eating properly.

Next what activities and exercise do you do
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2012, 10:57 AM
    I was told (not concerning me, I'm slender) that a 2 to 3 pound loss per week is reasonable and safe. I'd try portion control, exercising, better foods (more veggies, less starch and sugar), and - again - exercising. Sugar-laden soft drinks are often people's downfall.

I have a friend who is dieting and she keeps track of everything she eats in a journal - brought her up short! She had no idea how much she was eating.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How would I lose 80-90 lbs. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm still in school and my low self confidence and my weight issues have been interfering with my classes. All I think about during classes is how fat I am or how the thinner girls must be laughing at me. I'm turning 13, I'm 5'3" last time I checked and weigh about 195 lbs.. I'm really embarrassed...

How can I lose 30 lbs in 2 months? [ 12 Answers ]

I need to lose about 30 pounds or month in the next month or two and I'm not sure how To do it the right way. Im trying to do it where I don't have to purdge or starve myself.. Somebody please help me && tell me how I can do it the right way :confused:

I need to lose about 50 lbs in 8 months [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am 21 and 5'7 and I need to lose 50 lbs in 8 mouths. I'm getting married and I'm tired of being overweight. I keep gaining weight and I don't know how to lose it. I've tried about everything. I am currently drinking acai and Noni juice mixes and it seems to suppress the hunger. For as long...

I need to lose 150 lbs [ 3 Answers ]

I Have Let Myself Go And I Now Weigh 300 .im 5 Ft 7 In Tall. Im Not Ugly And I Know If I Lost This Weight I Would Look And Feel So Much Better, I Look At Myself And I Get So Depressed . Where Do I Start? What Do I Do? I Have High Blood Pressure So I Can't Take Diet Pills. Please Help Me :(

View more questions Search