Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharonprich Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 09:02 AM
    Xanax Withdrawal?
    Been taking up to 2 mgs of Xanax a day for only three weeks, am out, can't get a refill. Will I for sure have withdrawal problems?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 09:26 AM
    Why no refill? The prescribing doctor should have told you how to withdraw safely. Where is he in all this? What was his plan for you? Did he give you a prescription for Prozac or Zoloft or some other drug that will replace the Xanax?

Jan 3, 2012, 09:42 AM
    NO my Northstar insurance ran out and he will not see mem with out money up front and he said it was only for 3 weeks... it is like MHMR... so I feel OK after 3 days just have diarrhea
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2012, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sharonprich View Post
    Been taking up to 2 mgs of Xanax a day for only three weeks, am out, can't get a refill. Will I for sure have withdrawal problems?
    No, you will not necessarily experience withdrawal and at that level and time span quoted any response should be mild.

Jan 3, 2012, 10:03 AM
    Thanks Dr. Bill

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Xanax in Urine [ 3 Answers ]

Please advise on how long does xanax stay in your urine for drug testing purposes?

Discontinuing Xanax [ 2 Answers ]

I have been taking for the past 7 years. It was first prescribed as a sleep aid (0.50 mg) and then for sleep and anxiety associated with depression. I now take 1 - 1.5 mg daily of Xanax XR (I have a prescription for up to 2 mg/day). It has lost its effectiveness for sleep, and I would prefer to...

Xanax question related to withdrawal [ 4 Answers ]

I was prescribed xanax about three months ago and have been on them ever since, I am now at the last few pills and have cut my intake down to about 1.5 mg a day. I am nervous about getting off these pills and wondering if I should expect withdrawl symptoms. I continue to cut down or try at least...

Placebo that looks like xanax [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone tell me a vitamin or herb that looks like xanax. A male friend of mine has cancer already has had surgery and he is worried all the time he is wanting more than is allowed just too soon.we thought if we could find something harmless and looked like what he is taking which is blue and...

Xanax detection [ 1 Answers ]

How long will xanax be detectable via ua?

View more questions Search