Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffec Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2011, 12:22 PM
    My remote control to my gas logs will not work, can I manually turn them on?
    I have the pilot light on, just can't get the remote to work. Is there a way to turn them on manually?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 11, 2011, 01:04 PM
    You can on most but this feature varies with manufacturer. Which brand/model do you own? My receiver has a manual override, have you looked at yours closely?

Dec 11, 2011, 05:20 PM
    I have an ECS (Empire Comfort Systems)brand. Bought them about 3 years ago. Thought I asked the sales person if I could turn them on manually, but maybe not. I have looked closely and looked at the book too and don't see anything that says manually over ride, can't believe I would make such a big mistake not to make sure they could be operated without remote. Don't know if it is the batteries, not sure where to find this strange one. Thanks if you have any suggestions!

Dec 11, 2011, 05:33 PM
    Thank you, I turned a knob on the logs and they came on. I was afraid to try that till you said there may be an override.
    Thanks for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat won't turn on gas logs [ 3 Answers ]

Our gas logs will only come on when turned to the on position. When turned to the auto position, which is supposed to engage the thermostat, they do nothing. The thermostat has no battery as it used a thermocouple. Any suggestions?

Remote control fan light does not turn off [ 1 Answers ]

An electrician installed the remote control Fan light and it worked for some time (out of warranty) Now if you turn on the fan or light or both the only way to turn them off is to remove the light fuse from the main house switch board and replace after a short wait. Remote battery has been replace...

Conversion of remote control fan to a manually operated fan [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problems with my remote control ceiling fan and I would like to convert it to a fan and light controlled through a wall switch. Thank You

Kid broke ceiling fan remote, now fan will not turn on manually [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hunter ceiling fan. Always used the remote to turn fan on and off but my son disconnected the wires inside the remote and now I can not turn the fan on with the pull chain. The remote also controlled the lighting as well. Help! Thanks

View more questions Search