Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daysiw Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2006, 12:51 PM
    My house guest won't leave
    I invited my friend of 10 + years and her daughter to move in with me while she find a job and a house (she was evicted from her apartment). A year + later, she still at my house without no job. I asked her to leave 7 months ago, and she still has not moved out. I just sent her a certified letter telling her to leave by "X" date. What can I do if she doesn't live by that date? Can I call the police and tell them she is trespassing? My "friend" never paid for rent or utilities for the whole time that she is been at my house. I live in South Carolina. What are my rights as a property owner?
    MicaM Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Nov 10, 2006, 01:04 PM
    I would definitely go to the Sheriff's department and tell them the situation and ask them to remove them and their belongings from my home.
    She will be able to get help from the dept. of social services if she is rendered homeless.
    daysiw Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 07:25 AM
    Thank you for your responses. I think I know where I stand now.
    Raycran Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2011, 04:20 PM
    Once I allowed someone to move in while that person got life straightened out. After a few months, the person had made no progress so while he was out, I changed the locks, bundled up his stuff, including an eviction note and one way bus fair downtown, left it on the front porch, parked my car elsewhere and acted as if I had left for a few days. The person returned and waited for a few hours before finally leaving with his things. I never saw him again. Don't know if this would work for everyone, especially if the person was stubborn about being allowed to live there, but it worked for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live in NJ - Work in PA [ 10 Answers ]

I understood that there is an agreement between NJ/PA that residents working in the other state will have tax withheld for their state of residence. My employer followed that until this year. I now have PA state tax & local city tax withheld. They also just switched my sui from PA to NJ. ...

I live in pa and work in nj [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to ask my human res. Here at my job this question but it seems like I am getting brushed off all the time I do not want to be penalized at the end of the year I have been working in this job since march of 2006 we just switched payroll and I get direct dep. So I never bothered looking...

Homeless invited guest becomes criminal [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Dazed and confused here in Madisonville, Tennessee by a friend's trouble. She was invited to come stay in a woman's home after she told members of the church she walked into off the street, that she was homeless. (this is/was true) No shelters exist here. No time limit was...

Live aboard [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: What kind of sailboat would I buy, if I wanted to cruise the oceans with myself and a mate, in a boat that is easy to sail and comfortable to live on, and spend less than $150,000? excon

View more questions Search