Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fred_Johnson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2011, 01:57 PM
    Programming a DSC PC585 Alarm system
    I am trying to program the LED keypad (PC-1555 RKZ) so the number keys act as function keys. The instructions say that if the number is pressed and held for two seconds, it will act as a function key on this model of keypad. I entered *8 [installer code] 000 11 03 04 06 14 16 ## (Page 30 of the instruction guide).. After I finish, the keys do not work as programmed. If I press and hold "2", the ready light will go out but the system will not arm with an exit delay. What am I doing wrong?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2011, 06:27 AM
    I will have to check the manual after work. I can help.
    If the same as some of the other Dsc Products. Looks like you have Keypad programmed as Partition 1/Location 1, the next 5 pairs of digits are for programming the "Function" Keys. I didn't realize you could program a Number for a function key, looks like you can.
    What are you currently using your function keys for?
    Do you have your entry/exit programmed with a delay?
    Confirm that Keypad has 3 function keys not 5.
    I do see you can only use numbers 1-5.
    Will be back after work. Good Luck.
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2011, 03:59 PM
    Haven't had a chance yet too look it up, no answer to these questions make me feel you figured it out, or just a 1 poster, We volunteer our time, and don't want to look further unless you are going to come back:
    What are you currently using your function keys for?
    Do you have your entry/exit programmed with a delay?
    Confirm that Keypad has 3 function keys not 5.
    I do see you can only use numbers 1-5.
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2011, 06:31 AM
    I briefly ran across it. And believe if you hold down the "5" for 2 seconds, for quick arming. I forget what 2 is.
    I went to the dealer site for the Technical docs and can't find it with their search I found many PC1555's just not the RKZ. I spent a half hour on hold yesterday with them, they may have been closed, but recording doesn't say the hours. I have been on hold right now for a while and hung up by accident wanting to see just how long today.
    This company used to be very good, not sure what happened, maybe the way they layout the manuals being so confusing as compared what they used to be.
    I hope this is just a temporary thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Programming DSC PC1832 alarm [ 3 Answers ]

HI... How do I change the delay time on a DSC PC1832 STAY-ARM key to 30 seconds delay. Thanks

Disable error (3) from DSC PC 1832 alarm system [ 1 Answers ]

I have DSC PC1832 and I'm not going to use the telephone line how can I disable the phone line

Keybus Fault on DSC PC1832 alarm system [ 1 Answers ]

Getting a keybus fault error on DSC PC1832 system. Board problem?

View more questions Search