Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 27, 2011, 02:43 PM
    So your church is the only correct one, the only way to salvation? There are many Catholics and Lutherans and Methodists who believe in salvation through grace (not works), through Jesus Christ.
    ladylove25 Posts: 100, Reputation: 0

Nov 27, 2011, 03:13 PM
    Wondergirl-i never said my church was the only correct one or the only way to salvation. Only the blood of christ one truly can be saved. Salvation is not found not in good works or in religion but in a person which is jesus. :)

Also

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Lutherans/luther-on_mary.htm

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Apostasy/methodists.htm

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 27, 2011, 03:32 PM
    Wow! You've got Luther and Lutherans all wrong.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 27, 2011, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Wow! You've got Luther and Lutherans all wrong.
    Maybe before you consider anything reliable for the websites that were posted you need to just look at the home page.

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven!

Im sure Alex Jones is proud.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 27, 2011, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Maybe before you consider anything reliable for the websites that were posted you need to just look at the home page.
    Yup, I saw that. I was just being feisty.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2011, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    I wonder, ladylove25, were you raised in a family that held similar beliefs or did you research and discover that this is what made sense to you?

I also wonder what you might believe in if you happened to be born and raised in Japan, for example... or perhaps in Egypt, or India?

Nov 27, 2011, 04:55 PM
    Doulalc- I was raised christian and born in Florida.

Wondergirl-not my article but if you say so :)

Califdadof3- cute comment. The man who writes these articles speak the truth and provides evidence with scriptures and sources. He's not wishy washy and cowardly like some people who are christian my friend. Please view this YouTube channel who is also supporter of this website.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hensssley

Godbless friends:)
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 27, 2011, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ladylove25 View Post
    califdadof3- cute comment. the man who writes these articles speak the truth and provides evidence with scriptures and sources. hes not wishy washy and cowardly like some people who are christian my friend. please view this youtube channel who is also supporter of this website.

hensssley's Channel - YouTube

godbless friends:)
    Im not so sure I would follow the teachings of a man that has to hide because he is a child molester. Very odd choice to be making if you ask me.

This is the man that owns the website you referred to. And is preaching in the videos.

David J. Stewart Indicted for Sex with Minor | David J. Stewart Exposed!

Forgot this one.

David J. Stewart Exposed!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 27, 2011, 05:46 PM
    Doulalc- i was raised christian and born in florida.

wondergirl-not my article but if you say so :)

califdadof3- cute comment. the man who writes these articles speak the truth and provides evidence with scriptures and sources. hes not wishy washy and cowardly like some people who are christian my friend. please view this youtube channel who is also supporter of this website.

hensssley's Channel - YouTube

godbless friends:)
    So you think he is the end all and be all my dear? So this is the way you show your face to us to let us know what you believe in ?

You are charlaten, and he who you follow.

This thread should be closed before I hear anymore of your diatribe.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2011, 05:54 PM
    Doulalc- i was raised christian and born in florida.

Again, I have to wonder what you would believe if you were born elsewhere. You happened to be born in Florida and raised in a Christian household. Most people follow the beliefs that they were raised to believe in.

What do you think becomes of those who were born and raised in China... Iran... Morocco... Japan, etc. where Christianity is not the most common religion?

In response to your original question... if you feel that your beliefs would be in direct conflict with this man's, and that you would not be able to be accepting of his beliefs, then don't marry him.

Just remember that acceptance does not have to mean agreeing. Most couples will find that they have differences that they will need to accept... or just agree to disagree.

Don't even get into a serious relationship with him if you don't believe it will be what you are looking for.

Nov 27, 2011, 06:16 PM
    tickle- not saying he is the end all be all so no need for insults.

Califdadof3- I've seen this article. Could be true but I just read his articles and he speaks the truth. He talks about a lot of topics.
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 27, 2011, 06:48 PM
    califdadof3- ive seen this article. could be true but i just read his articles and he speaks the truth. he talks about alot of topics.

You were the one quoting scripture to back your claims that the Catholic Church is evil.

Mark 7:6-13 (KJV)
    6 He answered and said unto them , Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written , This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. 7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. 8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do . 9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. 10 For Moses said , Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death: 11 But ye say , If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free. 12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother; 13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered : and many such like things do ye.

Yet you prefer to ignore the truth when faced with it and follow someone who clearly can't follow your version of biblical teaching.

The man is a hypocrite and until / unless he is repentant then he has no business trying to teach right and wrong to others. His view is warped at best.

Nov 27, 2011, 07:41 PM
    Califdadof3-maby he did repent I mean do you talk to him? And no I'm not ignoring anything since I read the article.
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 27, 2011, 07:47 PM
    califdadof3-maby he did repent i mean do you talk to him? and no im not ignoring anything since i read the article.
    I haven't spoken to him and I see nothing to indicate his repent. Have you spoken to him as a follower for your religion of 1 ?

Nov 27, 2011, 09:18 PM
    alifdadof3-well no. I have read that article before a very long time ago. I don't know David J. Stewart personally. A cult is a religious group that doesn't line up with biblical truth, a group that will teach something that will cause a person to not get saved... such as saying "baptism is necessary for salvation" or that "jesus was not God in the flesh." I have read a great deal of his website and as far as basic bible truth goes he is exactly right about all of it. He teaches salvation is by grace through faith, that Jesus is the son of God(God in the flesh). He exalts Jesus Christ all over his website. He goes by what the bible says so his site isn't a cult. He also exposes tons and tons of bad music and other false doctrines. As far as what he is teaching, it is exactly right, other than a few minor things that I don't agree with. He really seems like he loves the Lord. I have no idea if that article is true or not. That could be someone trying to ruin his name. If it were true, that's between him and God. I know a preacher that was really right with God and preached the truth in all of his sermons, he slipped into sin and committed adultery... he got right with God and started preaching again. A lot of people said he shouldn't be a preacher anymore because of it. We all sin and slip up, I fail God everyday of my life. I'm so grateful Jesus shed his blood for me because I'm a dirty sinner and there is no way I could ever earn my salvation. Even saved people still have a sin nature, we still slip up and sin even though we are saved. The same people that said that preacher shouldn't preach anymore are sinners too and also fail God. I believe like this... if someone is living in sin... for example... having sex outside of marriage and continue to do so.. then they shouldn't be preaching, singing in the choir, or anything else until they get that sin out of their life and ask for forgiveness. But if someone committed a sin in the past and has asked forgiveness for it and is trying their best to live right then they should be able to preach, sing in the choir, etc. God called Noah a preacher of righteousness, Noah also failed God when he got drunk. Failure isn't final with the Father. ALL of our sins are covered by Jesus blood. I hope that article isn't true. I have no way of knowing. All I know for sure is that his website goes by what the bible says. Also when your on his website, don't take his word for it, look it up in your bible and see if what he is saying is true. :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 27, 2011, 10:24 PM
    baptism is not necessary for salvation
    Jesus was God in the flesh
    salvation is by grace through faith
    goes by what the Bible says
    one cannot earn salvation
    saved people still have a sin nature
    ALL of our sins are covered by Jesus' blood

If one believes the above, then what?

Nov 28, 2011, 07:30 AM
    Then that's all you really need to know
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 28, 2011, 09:09 AM
    That's what Lutherans believe.
    solidzane Posts: 111, Reputation: 8

Nov 28, 2011, 10:37 AM
    I love that last post by wondergirl at 8:09... lol.. And now I think I'll fuel the fire a bit... First understand that I am a believer and accept what the bible teaches... a while back you all were ralking about man made traditions and religion...

I hate to break the news to you, but the bible is man made too... I forget the year place and people, but a group of men decided what books would go into the bible and which wouldn't... they also decided in what light to show jesus... as in, they decided to make sure people believe that he is the son of God and that he lived essentially a sin free life...

The bible as we know it is technically incomplete...

The king james bible is simply a translation that james liked the best when he was growing up... That is, an interpretation of the hebrew and other languages into english...

If I recall correctly, jesus asked peter to carry on with jesus' church... what church might that be??

Like I said, I know I'm just tossing gas onto the fire here, but seriously... does your friend believe that jesus is the son of God? Has he accepted him into his life?

As to your want of only getting into a serious relatonship... how can you possibly expect a guy to say that he will be with you forever and ever if he hasn' t had the chance to date you and get to know you on a deeper level? The way things usually happen is; dating, living together, marrying each other, finish the story with a couple different ways... Though, studies have shown that people who live together before marriage tend to not stay married than those who get married when living in separate houses...

Have fun screaming at me now... ;) And please, correct me if I'm wrong in places...

Oh, just as a reference, I read from a "new king james version" bible... :)

Nov 28, 2011, 11:33 AM
    Wondergirl-they still follow traditions which are unblibical.

solidzane-the words in the bible is gods inspired word. How is that man made? About my friend he says he believes in god but he never told me he was a born again. Also he says gods name in vain a lot and I barely see his interest in living a christian life. But its his choice I'm not going to stop being his friend cause of that. And I know him at some deep level just not that relationship deep level. His religion is not the only thing that's a problem just a big portion of it. But its true people who live together before marriage tend to not stay married then those who living in separate houses :)also be careful about the type of bible you read.

http://www.chick.com/ask/articles/nkjv.asp?FROM=biblecenter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Gender equality in religion in the islamic religion [ 0 Answers ]

Is there any gender equality in the muslim religion

Deck supports required [ 2 Answers ]

I have a current deck ,size 16' width x 12' out from the home, beams used were 8"x 12' on 16" centers. Supports used are 3- double 4x4 9' high from the ground. Question, I plan to put a aluminum roof covering over the deck, will these support beams be adequate Thank You

Why frims supports community [ 2 Answers ]

If a frim has $250,000, why it would like to support sporting, socail or entertainment events within the community rather than being spent on a financial project? Which one would improve the value of the firm or more benefitial company?

View more questions Search