Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camtay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Statute of limitations for certain crimes in Florida
    I am trying to find out what the statute of limitations is for Grand Theft (appx. $1800) in the state of Florida.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2007, 05:19 PM
    Hello camtay:

Here's what I found:

(1) A prosecution for a capital felony, a life felony, or a felony that resulted in a death may be commenced at any time. If the death penalty is held to be unconstitutional by the Florida Supreme Court or the United States Supreme Court, all crimes designated as capital felonies shall be considered life felonies for the purposes of this section, and prosecution for such crimes may be commenced at any time.

(2) Except as otherwise provided in this section, prosecutions for other offenses are subject to the following periods of limitation:

(a) A prosecution for a felony of the first degree must be commenced within 4 years after it is committed.

(b) A prosecution for any other felony must be commenced within 3 years after it is committed.

(c) A prosecution for a misdemeanor of the first degree must be commenced within 2 years after it is committed.

(d) A prosecution for a misdemeanor of the second degree or a noncriminal violation must be commenced within 1 year after it is committed.

excon
    Becca1272 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2011, 07:33 AM
    What if u have had an active warrant for grand theft in the state of Florida? It originates from 2008. I bonded out,on the charge went to court several times & missed a court date., will the statute of limitations expire,on,this,charge?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 26, 2011, 08:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca1272 View Post
    What if u have had an active warrant for grand theft in the state of florida? It originates from 2008. I bonded out,on the charge went to court several times & missed a court date.,,will the statute of limitations expire,on,this,charge?
    No. It won't expire.

In the future, please don't ask your question in someone else's thread. This thread is 4 years old, and the details don't necessarily correspond to your situation.
    Xavier1935 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2012, 03:51 PM
    What is the statue of limitations on a grand larceny (retail theft, approx $ 2000). I bonded out and unfortunately did not go back to court. I have not seen a judge or started the court process
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2012, 04:13 PM
    Hello X:

Once a warrant has been issued, and in your case it was, it NEVER expires.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitations [ 1 Answers ]

I owed money with my ex-husband to a don't pay a cent event on furniture. During our marriage he received letters from the finance company saying that he was pre approved for various amounts of money. He went in to the company and took these loans out on our original loan behind my back. I had...

Statute of Limitations [ 4 Answers ]

For credit cards (open-ended credit) Statute of Limitations (SoL), I know they expire in the range from 3 to 8 years depending on which state you live in. Here's my question, what state will the courts base the SoL on, the one you currently live in or the one where the credit card statements are...

Statute of Limitations? [ 10 Answers ]

In the Summer of 1972 I worked as a waitress at one of the local cafes. There were 10 employees who worked there during that time. All was well until the beginning of November when we did not receive a paycheck. The owner said he had some rough spots but we would be paid. He said that in...

Statute of Limitations [ 6 Answers ]

My dad received a diseased kidney during transplant in 2005 which the hospital never informed us at all... my mom had to find out on her own... my dad then passed away 2006 because of the transplant with disease the kidney had!! I was curious if we are going for Wrongful Death is it 2 years...

Statute of limitations [ 2 Answers ]

I was told my the defendants lawyer in a case settlement conference that the statute of limitations in Small Claims Court for spousal abuse is more that 2 years. What is the statute of limitations in Small Claims Court for spousal abuse.

View more questions Search