Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jommg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 10:19 PM
    How I can concentrate in my studies?
    Hi,
    I am a 20 year old boy. I am well in my studies. But now, I think my mind is diverting from my targets. I can't concentrate in my studies. I feel loneliness. My family is an atomic family. There are only 2 members including me. I am feeling lack of supports from others. I have only a few friends. My mind is asking the presence of a good friend. But it is impossible. How I can escape from this problem. How I can concentrate in my studies?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 10:24 PM
    Well... first of all, are you physically well? Do you eat right, sleep right, and exercise moderately?

Second of all, is there something going on in your life distracting you?

Lastly, I would find a place where you can study well. Some prefer the library, some prefer a book store, I prefer a coffee shop. Different people study well in different places. Really, try different places and see where you can concentrate better.

Also, don't kill yourself studying 3 - 4 hours at a time. Try a goal... say, try studying for 1 hour and then when you accomplish that goal, treat yourself to something you enjoy doing... watching TV (for 30 min), listening to music, surfing the net... whatever. Then go for another hour. If this works, try slowly increasing your study time to 2 hours, then 3.

As far as your mental/emotional health... I understand your wish for a good friend. Perhaps you should try meeting new people? Do you have any extracurricular activities? Try talking to people at your job (if you work), in class, at extracurricular activities. Join some new clubs/sports or even volunteer.

Good luck.
    shamitsinha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2010, 05:14 AM
    Hi
    Friend howz u...
    Sundeepkm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 11:30 PM
    Don't worry.. This is a common questions. Because, we think lot of things while we are studying. So, Naturally, we cannot concentrate on Studies. First we set a goal. Next we prepare a time table. Last we follow the prepared time table. Then Every day we know how much learn for this day.

Listen to me.. Don't worry about friends.. When u don't put concentrate on studies just remember your parents and your economic back ground.. U must concentrate on studies.. This is True. U Must follow the three steps. SET A GOAL ----> PREPARE TIME TABLE ----> FOLLOW TO FULL FILL.

Until Now I am also your Friend.. My email ID : [email protected]
    ritu_rani Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2011, 04:52 AM
    Frm some day I didn't concentrate on my study *** help me
    mmnnoo01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2011, 12:51 AM
    Hey you don't know many peoples right when I think like you I just tell my friends a joke or start reading some short stories it is time saving and you get a lot of time if you don't know jokes you can tell these stories to your friends parents or yourself
    samir2707 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2011, 02:53 AM
    Join art of living foundation and do the basic course...
    This is really helpful...
    And its my personal experiense...
    The sudarshan kriya is really superb medicine... for any mind destorting problem,.

Best luck...
    prabhas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2011, 09:22 AM
    First of all don't fall in love until you complete your studies and until you get the job... if you blindly fall in love you defenitley face the prblms... if she won't talk to you, it may lead 2 depression,, and suddenly if she says good bye,, your heart will brek into pieces.. pls don't fall in love, after getting job you do wateva you want... bcz I 2 faced these prblms and still facing
    pallavjoshi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2011, 08:08 AM
    I am pallav joshifrom jaipur india :

I have answer of this question first of all my english is not too good so sorry
    Okay,
    1. you have to study in night when all the members of your family sleeping because its silence time in your house
    2.study on table is most.
    3.you have to study in lamp at night because it maintain your concentration
    Reason:when you study in lamp at night its light focus on your book and all the room is dark
    Automatically your mind wants to study its proved by me
    SUSHIL_CHAUHAN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 02:45 AM
    I don't know in which class/college do you read... simple method you daily read in 2 hours one subject in a week. You divide the time of our study... suppose you decide our study time 9:00 to 11:00Pm in night 1 hour learn theory subject and one hour learn daily hard subject daily like math... I sure it you will easily cover our syllabus
    shona... Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2012, 07:00 AM
    Just chill.. during exams, d pressure ll force u 2 study:)
    samshah110 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2012, 10:50 AM
    Boy! I have seen this problem in many of my friends; and I hv studied it well. Let me guess that:
    u often have headache or tummyache?
    u don't hv any close friend
    u can't study well
    u often don't like to go to college
    u often becm irritated or spunk; specially while talking to smone
    And sm other symptoms...

Let me tell u: these are all the symptoms of MENTAL DEPRESSION.
    I guess you don't hv anyone with whome you can share all your thoughts etc, I mean you don't hv any close friend.
    Doctors can also help you get out of this bt I'd recommend you to make one very close friend
    ChristAmbasodr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2012, 09:22 PM
    Hello friend, I suggest you to pray for at least half an hour in the early morning and late night in your private room by closing your eyes and speak to God as if you are speaking to a friend, concentrate on your own words you speak. Keep practising it daily and you can c that your mind can control your whole body as you practise it regularly. Then your studies will be improved. Not only improvement in your studies but also you can get away from all your bad habits such as thinking too much, feeling lonliness, masturbation, anger etc..

Its not for time pass.. try it. God may bless u.
    rajniverma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2012, 11:04 AM
    Hi,
    II am 15 years old.I want to make doctor but I can't concentrate on my study.I try to make bst doctor but I am upset with.so what can I doo tell me
    xboxxbox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2012, 08:42 AM
    I liked isneeze and sundeep comments. I mean you have and have to concentrate. Lamp study is really helpful as advised by one of the blokes.

<a href="http://www.jasontranscriptions.com">great</a>
    Suman74726262 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2012, 07:53 AM
    I can understand your problem...
    First of all don't think that you have no friends...
    After that try to don't remember your lonliness...
    Then fix a goal of achivment personally in your heart that "I HAVE TO DO AND I HAVE TO PROVE MYSELF" always say this in your heart.

When you go for study don't think about anything just think about your study

And don't fall in love it will damm your life, you do not be able to understand what wrong things you have do in your love...

Wish you good luck...
    shattakshi1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2012, 11:07 AM
    Well as I am not a profassnalist and not also a book worm but according to me the best thing is that be always regular in your lectures and this is not inef you also have to take regular revision at home. The three things tobe successful are:
    1.search your talent
    2. dedicated towards it
    3. good fortune
    sweety87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2012, 11:59 AM
    Hi friend...
    I love one guy a lot from 3year and finally he to love he told me last year on dec 3rd in mine while small fighting but I enjoy a lot just think those are funny but suddenly he told me don't talk with me at one day...
    I don't want to talk with you... with out know my mistake I never adjust anything.. I know him very well unnecessary he never talk like that I ask him what is the problem what is my mistake.. he didn't tell me anything... I'm depression I'm not unable to concentrate on my goal... I suddenly stop searching my job... trying but how can forget him.. at one time I'm so depressed and trying to kill myself but at that time my goal and parent get into my mind and stop... trying to forgetting him daily remembering his name at any kind... to avoid try a lot... which I don't like also I'm doing to forget him...
    I'm suffering and suffering my parent... but he is happy with out me I know... but I'm why should I suffer like this something getting those kinds of thought's an other side he is also suffering for my he was not showing these kinds of thought's getting and disturbing myself... he never express his feeling to no one I know it... I tried a lot to mistake and I want cover but he never said saying something and escaping for me... if he is serious on me OK I'll wait for him but he is showing hesitation on me... if any one get hesitation on any one they never gone till the death of that person... so what can I do I'm not getting any thing... if I want forget him I can't just I want to do acting I front of other I want to kill myself daily... never to go he is remembering me... behind these though's I'm unable to concentration on my goal... please any one can give some idea to concentrate on my goal...
    Noman babir Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2013, 05:25 AM
    Thanks a lot
    lydiag123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2013, 04:59 AM
    This sound like a great idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not concentrate during meditation [ 9 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I started to do meditation recently.What I do is just watch my breathe inhale and exhale.Secondly sometimes I do osho dynamic meditation but I feel I am wasting my time as I don't see any improvement in myself.I started this I have lack of concentration and to improve concentration I...

Social Studies [ 1 Answers ]

What is the role of Government in the Economy

View more questions Search